Muppets Auditions Sept 2005+

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Why no puppet is required.

One of the ways the Muppeteers evaluate a puppeteer is by looking at their hands. If one had been allowed to wear his or her own puppet at the audition, it can mask what a horrible puppeteer the person could actually be. Sure on the surface it looks like you are lip-synching a puppet correctly, but only by evaluating one's hand (without the puppet) can one truly know if you are good or they'll show you the door out.

Example, I have seen puppeteers that on the surface it looked like they knew what they were doing with a puppet. Then when there asked to perform using their bare hand they position their hand and fingers like bent up cripples.

I've seen bad puppeteers that when they lip-synch spreads open all their fingers too... that is also wrong.

Some bad puppeteers when lip-synching have their fingers going in every direction like an octopus tentacles.

Other bad puppeteers instead of moving the thumb downwards to show mouth movement actually move the other four fingers flapping upwards!

So, that is why the Muppeteers need to see your bare hand (wearing ping-pong eyes), because a lot of puppeteers just do it wrong.

MGov

Reaction score
There's a gay leather bar across the street from the studio.

I'm sure we would all fit in there quite nicely.

:eek: :crazy: :halo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm leaving my leather at home.

It's pleather anyhow--I can't afford the real stuff.

mummytomb

Reaction score
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

When can we expect to be finished so we can meet up afterwards?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Dunno. I just know that I want to have a get-together dinner on Saturday Night.

mummytomb

Reaction score
Okie dokie.
Can anyone from the NY auditions help us guess how long the process will take?

Jinx

Reaction score
It's not very specific, but on my message from Todd he said to "plan on spending the whole day there, 'cause it could take awhile".

I have gone on a couple of other "national auditions" and they have never seemed to go beyond about 6:00 pm.

MGov

Reaction score
I'm staying at the Days Inn on 457 S. Mariposa Avenue, about 9 miles away
Hey Kermiebaby, are planning to rent a car? If you are staying where I think you are staying (and I think you are), public transportation to the audition would be a bad way to go.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MGov said:
Hey Kermiebaby, are planning to rent a car? If you are staying where I think you are staying (and I think you are), public transportation to the audition would be a bad way to go.
I saw the movie Speed. That's another reason I got a hotel close to the auditions. That and it was close to some friends of mine. :smile: