Julie Brown

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today's V/A focus is Julie Brown. She's a funny comedian, actress, and singer. You might remember her crazy music video show on MTV, Just Say Julie. Julie has also done quite a few cartoon voices, including Minerva Mink from Animaniacs. And Tiny Toons did a parody of her show called Just Say Julie Bruin, where Julie herself voiced a cartoon bear that looked a lot like her.

ALADDIN(THE SERIES): Saleen
ANIMANIACS: Minerva Mink
BATMAN(1992): Zatanna, Lily
A GOOFY MOVIE: Lisa
HAPPILY EVER AFTER, FAIRY TALES FOR EVERY CHILD, 3 LITTLE PIGS: Lottie Bologna
TINY TOON ADVENTURES: Julie Bruin

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Saleen, so that's how her name's spelled. Saleen the Siren.
Wouldn't she have also voiced Sadira too?

Minerva Mink? Didn't know that one, another cartoon crush.
Julie Bruin, yeah I remember her.
But if she voiced Zatana in the BTAS, didn't she also voice Barbara Gordon/Batgirl too?

Keep up the great work buddy.

Xerus

Reaction score
Actually, Sadira was first voiced by Christine Cavanaugh and then replaced by Kellie Martin.

Melissa Gilbert was the first voice of Batgirl and then Tara Strong took over in the later seasons.

Thank's Count, I will. :smile:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yes, I remember Julie from her "Just say Julie" days. That was toward the end of the 1980s & I collect MTV footage from that era. I don't have much (& I don't have any "Just say Julie" eps, sadly) but it's fun to watch footage of the old VJs. If anybody has some that they'd like to trade, please contact me!

I didn't know she voiced Zatanna. That's pretty cool. Are those episodes still on the air by chance?

Julie has a web site as well:

http://www.juliebrown.com

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... The classic Batman the Animated Series from the 1990's is airing on ToonDisney as part of it's late night/weekend afternoon Jettix block.
Hey! If we're gonna visit Julie's stellar performance in Earth Girls Are Easy, don't forget the song she did with the entire beauty salon cast "Brand New You".
And then there's the failed show she and Victoria Jackson shared on Comedy Central, but discussion of that is best saved for off-board chats.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I am a HUGE longtime Julie Brown fan ever since her "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun" music video. I even remember when there was all this huge news that MTV was getting a SIXTH VJ (yes, back in those ancient days when not only did they PLAY music videos but had five video jockeys that were total stars in their own right) When i heard it was Julie Brown, i got so excited...and tuned in... and it was a totally different person (Downtown Julie Brown...who would later be continually mocked on Just Say Julie as "the other Julie Brown...the eeevil Julie Brown"!)

Just Say Julie was a huge fave of mine and friends of mine and i would even hold Just Say Julie marathons (wish i had kept the tapes!) Dearly loved Earth Girls, her takeoff of Madonna's Truth or Dare (Medusa - and her parody of Vogue - Vague) her sketch comedy show on Fox (including a then-unknown Jennifer Anniston), her Strip Mall show...she would then end up popping up in the most obscure and always pleased-to-see her places ... cartoon voices, guest roles on sitcoms, commentator on VH1 pop culture shows. And every time she's a true delight. A woman of many talents though i would love to see her cut another comedy music album!