Celebrating Jim Henson: Maryland's Statue Unveiling

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In honor of Jim Henson's birthday the University of Maryland is unveiling their long-awaited Jim Henson statue on Wednesday September 24th. Jane, Brian, Cheryl, Lisa, John and Heather Henson will be in attendance. Willard Scott, who met Jim in the 1950's, will be the master of ceremonies at the event. The statue is scheduled to be unveiled at 11 am.

For more info on the tribute, check out this link...
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/092303.shtml

If you are attending the event, send us your stories, photos and commentary on this special day in Henson history so that we can share your thoughts on the day with other fans. Click on the link below to send your summary and opinions of the Henson statue unveiling.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=9963

We also want to send out a happy birthday to Steve Whitmire. How prophetic that Jim and Steve would be born on the same day.

Join us as we celebrate this truly special day in Henson history.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow, I really wish I could be there for this wonderful day. The Henson's must be feeling a mix of emotions right now.
:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wish I were able to attend the Statue ceremony.

Until today, I didn't know Steve and Jim were born on the same day! I thought the MC header was a mistake.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Do you know if it will be televised?
Probably not. We might see some video clips here or there though. I'm sure there will be a lot of photos and articles covering the event the next couple days.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Wow the final statue looks great! It really must be something specail to see! So they must have been funding for something like this for a long time if the class of 1994 had also donated money?

Wow, so is there anyone here that goes to that college? you'd think there would be big Muppet fans there too! :smile:

Zack,