Favorite Character by Brian Henson

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
No one has mentioned Scooter? I think Brian does a great Scooter and he's my new favorite character that Brian does. Phil and Sal are too over the top. Scooter is more real of a character. of course Brian had help with that because Scooter was a classic Richard Hunt character.
*giggles* I'll mention him! I also think that Brian does the character well, and it's great to see Scooter again after such a long time.

-Kim

Erine81981

Reaction score
Did anyone else from the muppeteers do any characters in Return to Oz?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I agree, Brain's Scooter is excellent. But, even still, I don't consider Scooter to be a Brian Henson character. I consider him to be a Richard Hunt character. Just like Kermit the Frog. He is, and always will be to me, a Jim Henson character who is now performed by Steve Whitmire (yes, the new performers deserve credit as the character being partially theirs too now). Would you say Miss Piggy was an Eric Jacobson character because he's performing her now? I say he's performing her, but she's not an Eric Jacobson character.

Brian Henson is the performer of a Richard Hunt character, one of Jim Henson's Muppets (try remembering all that!!!). :wink:

But, yeah, if we're considering all characters he currently performs, yes, I'd have to go with Scooter too.

I know what Byron's gonna say! :flirt:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scoot said:
I know what Byron's gonna say! :flirt:

Did Brian perform Janice in the Christmas Movie? Oh wow, like, I didn't know that, fer sure.

Bea:zany:{Why am I speaking like this?}regard

matleo

Reaction score
Favorite Brian character is easil Sal Manilla. I just love him. I think he's one of the few MT characters who had a lot of heart to him and vulnerability that mkes him kind of funny. I love the way he and Johnny (Bill Baretta) can play off each other too. I personally think that when they're doing Johnny and Sal together it's as good as any classic Oz/Henson, Nelson/Hunt, or Goelz/Whitmire teamings. and the funny tihng is, the first time I saw Sal (Billy Crystal episode) I didn't like him. I thought he was too obnoxious to be funny and in that first clip they used him for he was. but when they got to the Cindy Crawford episodes and the Tony bennet episodes and fleshed him out a bit, I thought he was great!!

--Matt

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I feel abit the same as you Matt. The first time I saw Sal I also thought he was a bit anoying. But after awhile I got used to him. And he's actually quite good now.

I don't really think I got a favorite among Brians characters, but if I were to single one or two out it would be Sal closely followed by Phil van Neuter.
I still haven't seen Brian do eihter Scooter or Janice yet so I can't condsider them in this.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
when muppets tonight came out, i didn't care for the new characyers because i didn't know them at all. when muppets from space came out, i still didn't care for the new muppet characters. but when the christmas movie came out, i enjoyed seeing the new characters especially sal. i like sal, he's funny. i think he and johnny are a great team.

i also like brian's scooter. i enjoyed seeing scooter back in the christmas movie and hope to see more of scooter in the future. that and also seeing more of janice!

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Now, when you say more of Janice...

Like you guys, during the first few episodes of MT, I didn't like Sal. I thought he was just an obnoxious little monkey. That's about the time when my parents got rid of the TV hook-up. I saw an occasional episode of Muppets Tonight after that, but not enough to really remember him. Then in Muppets From Space, I thought he was funny, but, I still didn't like him cuz I barely knew who he was! IAVMMCM was when I really started liking him alot more.

P

Princeton

My favorite is kinda obscure. There was this one episode of Dinosaurs called "Mighty Megalosaurus", where Brian plays a little creature named Widget, I think.