Sweetums Action Figure!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows if palisades are bringing out an action figure of Sweetums, does anyone have any news at all on this?

Thanks,
Paul
:stick_out_tongue: :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Paul, Ken has mentioned that he might be released in 2004 in some form. We just don't know if that is as a PVC, regular figure or a Mega. It will likely be this fall though before we hear the official line-up from Palisades for series 7. They might wait until the beginning of the year to unveil series 8-10. Hopefully Sweetums will be released as a Mega. Even though a new sculpt would be much more expensive to do in Mega form, the sales of Sweetums would likely be higher than the other Megas since he is a totally new character to the line.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Update:

Ken has recently confirmed (on the Palisades board) that any future Sweetums figure would not be considered a Mega Muppet. It will somehow be in the regular line and measure in at about 10 inches. This would be considerably shorter than Mega Beaker or Mega Animal, so even though he will be similar in height, he qill still be considered part of the standard 6 inch action figure line. Hope this helps.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great info. Thanks Jamie. A 10 inch Sweetums sounds great to me.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Great info. Thanks Jamie. A 10 inch Sweetums sounds great to me.
That is great news, thats exactly what I was hoping for, I wouldnt want him to be out of proportion to the other characters. It doesnt matter so much with the mega beaker and animal because they both have been enlarged at some time, either in a movie or the muppet show etc.

Thanks again,
Paul
:smile: :stick_out_tongue:

Thijs

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
That is great news, thats exactly what I was hoping for, I wouldnt want him to be out of proportion to the other characters. It doesnt matter so much with the mega beaker and animal because they both have been enlarged at some time, either in a movie or the muppet show etc.

Thanks again,
Paul
yeah, great news! I cant wait!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
drspy00 said:

Thanks again,
Paul
Sweetums in any form is great! In reality, a Mega sized Sweetums would be the right scale, wouldn't it?

Glad Ken is giving us our favorite monster!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Sweetums in any form is great! In reality, a Mega sized Sweetums would be the right scale, wouldn't it?

Glad Ken is giving us our favorite monster!
No, a 9-10 inch Sweetums would be in scale. This debate has gone on for days over at Palisades with pictures, charts etc. He'd almost be mega, but still shorter like I stated - about 10 inches. That's the word from the almighty Ken. :wink:

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Yes!

I'd love a Sweetums that could sit (or stand) on my desk next to the picture of me & Sweetums from MuppetFest. People have strange reactions when they see it. Some sort of recognize him and ask where the picture was taken. Other people have no clue and ask who IS that?

Is it strange that I have a picture of Sweetums on my desk when co-workers have pictures of children and/or spouses? Our CAO has pictures of her dogs but none of her grandchildren....

I'm realizing this has nothing to do with the thread, so I'll drag it back. What is meant by "mega"? Is that a figure in the same scale as the other figures?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
What is meant by "mega"? Is that a figure in the same scale as the other figures?
Mega, as briefely explained in this thread, is a figure that is double the size of Palisades Toys' regular line. Only Mega Beaker and Mega Animal have been made to date. They are about 13 inches. Some thought that since Sweetums would be so big that he would be a Mega. This is a myth never stated by the product developer. When Sweetums is made, he will be 10 inches and likely come boxed with the rest of the line. Hope that clears up the question.

I have no pic of Sweetums on my desk :frown: Hope he comes to the next Fest.