Gladys the Cow appearances on "The Muppet Show"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to pull a Phil here, but there's something I'm curious about. I just got the tape with the Beverly Sills episode today and noticed Gladys the Cow from "Sesame Street" had a brief appearance. She even had a speaking line. I also read that she appeared in a first season episode as well. Were there any other Muppet show episodes with her?

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
I've always gotten the impression that Gladys was sort of an "Anything Muppet" cow. Sort of a generic cow so to speak.

I think the voice that Richard did for Gladys was also his generic cow voice because I can remember a black cow who shared Gladys' voice.

So, and I may be wrong, but I think that unless the cow is specifically referred to as Gladys, think of her as just a generic cow. Especially when she is seen on TMS. If she appears on SS, I think it is safe to assume that she is indeed Gladys...specific reference or not.

Jim

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Though I'm not sure it was her, Gladys (or a look-alike) apeared in the episode where Arlo Guthrie guested. She sang (with a group of other cows) "We've Got Elegance."

Beauregard

Reaction score
I would so love to see that. Has anyone got an MP3 they can send me of that while I am on the subject? And is the episode for sale on DVD yet?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson did one of Gladys the Cow for "Dudley Moore" episode (after "At the Dance" bit)

Later

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check the Dudley Moore episode again. I don't remember seeing a Gladys with a different voice. I don't have the Arlo Guthrie episode, so I can't watch for Gladys in that one. I guess, I always thought of her as Gladys and never realized she was just a generic-cow puppet.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nobody answered, does anyone have We've Got elegence on Mp3?

Cheebo

Reaction score
Yea Richard Hunt did Gladys for SS/TMS. Just this season of Sesaem Street they found a replacement who sounds just like hunt's gladys. I can't remember who it is though.:embarrassed: