Mahna Mahna appearances on "The Muppet Show"

P

Philip Kippel

Which specific episodes of "The Muppet Show" did Mahna Mahna appear in and what scenes/sketches was he in? The ones I already know of are:

#1 Juliet Prowse: he sings “Mahna Mahna” with the 2 Snowths in the opening number, dances with Wanda in “At the Dance” and appears in Statler and Waldorf’s theater box at the end of the closing credits
#2 Connie Stevens: he dances with Miss Mousey in “At the Dance” and plays a musical triangle bell, bangs on Zoot’s saxophone, punches Zoot in the face and gets blown away by an explosion in “Sax and Violence”
#19 Vincent Price: he appears in the audience during the “Talk Spot”
#22 Ethel Merman: he’s the last audience member to exit the theater during Fozzie’s monologue
#32 Steve Martin: he appears throughout the episode, sitting in the audience among his fellow cast members
#37 Rudolf Nureyev: he sings in Rudolf’s closing number “Top Hat” and appears in the goodnights
#60 James Coco: he plays in the band in James’ closing number “Short People”
#65 Spike Milligan: he appears throughout the episode as a Hawaiian

I need the info, since I'm helping out with the character profile pages.

P

Philip Kippel

Did Mahna Mahna make more "Muppet Show" appearances than the ones I already listed?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Origanally on Ed Sullivan also Sesame Street and thats mainly all!
from
BARRY LEE

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Don't forget that on SS he sometimes had some grouchy-looking eyes! Fat Cat Scat is where you can see that. He performed Mahna Mahna on there as well.

I'm making a Mahna Mahna puppet, so if anybody has any orange or emerald green fur laying around (long pile shag fur) contact me: FozzieMup@aol.com

This is a great thread which I was planning on opening because I wanted to know about this character's history.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I didn't catch him in the Vincent Price and the Rudolf Nuryev episodes. I'll have to look for that again.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
In the making of the Mahna Mahna puppet, I need Kelly Green long pile shag fur for the body. Please contact me if you have some you'd like to sell. I need a half-yard: FozzieMup@aol.com