The Great Gonzo the Great

Drtooth

Reaction score
Firstly, what is mre common? Gonzo the Great or the Great Gonzo?

Secondly, this is not a "Is Gonzo an alien" threads. This is about Gonzo himself.

But now to get to the meat of the whole subject...

Is it just me, or has Gonzo changed? He's gone from being this little twerp that balances Spoons on his nose while being shot out of cannon to the tune of the theme from Romeo and Juliet. He used to date Chickens and Asparagus. What's happened.

He's now this artistic weirdo, and he never even thinks about doing stuff like that anymore. He's become... STEVE MARTIN!!!!!!

And does anyone else think he lacks expression nowadays? I don't care much fro his new design.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Gonzo's changed over years and grown in character. He's found his zen, but I don't think he's any less crazy. I love the development he's had and couldn't imagine it any other way.

Haven't you changed over the past 25 years too? :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe

Haven't you changed over the past 25 years too?
:eek: I should HOPE so!!!! I wouldn't be born for another 4 years!!!!!

ANyway, I still love Gonzo, but he really needs to hook back up with Camella (or however it's spelt) and balance a spoon off his nose. I mean, Gonzo's still great and all (Much like Steve Martin) but I perfer his classic antics...(again, like Steve Martin!)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

When I think about it, that is sort of true. Gonzo seems to have gotten a little bit less weird lately. He really didn't do anything that remarkable the week he was on "Hollywood Squares." I guess I agree. They should come up with more new "Great Gonzo" acts and bring back Camilla.

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
i have noticed

Yeah. i think he has. He should get back together with Camilla.:smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
I think Gonzo fried up Camilla years ago and had her with a bit of orange sauce. :concern:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
LOL, Scott! That would explain *so* much. :concern:

I have no problem with the character changing slightly over time. Keeps them from getting dull. I feel they've deepened Gonzo's character, made him a bit more soulful and poetic. He can now carry the lead role in productions like MCC. I like that. (There were shades of this in earlier shows, like the Madeline Kahn and Lola Falana episodes.) I do wish he was a bit more of the crazy daredevil he once was, though, and while I like his friendship with Rizzo, I do wish Camilla would make an appearance every now and again.

In VMMCM, he was in charge of booking Cirque de Lame, as well as having the singing brick Amy. So they're kind of bringing that "weird performance artist" aspect back.

And for the record, I prefer Steve Martin now, with his razor-sharp wit (as shown in the 2001 Academy Awards) as opposed to the Steve Martin of 25 years ago, who was basically just, well, silly.

Luke

Reaction score
LOL - Gonzo appeared with Camilla 3 years ago. It was in a skit for the last day of the first ever UK Big Brother. They had all the Muppets gathered around talking about who they thought would win and both Gonzo and Camilla took part.

Also i asked Gonzo (thru Dave) on Play TV about two years ago ish whether he was still with Camilla and i think the answer was they were having a trial seperation but Gonzo still hungered for her in many ways. It was something like that, unless i'm thinking of something else, i'd have to check back on the old MC forum for the answer i got but it was similar i think.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
You are a naughty person, Scott. And what's the extra "T" for? I've always wondered that.