Luncheon Counter Monster appearances on "The Muppet Show"

P

Philip Kippel

Which specific episodes of "The Muppet Show" did Luncheon Counter Monster appear in? Which numbers/sketches/scenes was he in and what did he do?

The Luncheon Counter "Muppet Show" appearances that I know of are as follows:

#30 Nancy Walker: he appears in the diner sketch with Nancy, Fozzie and the Swedish Chef, where he eats many items; he also appears in the goodnights (debut episode)

#31 Edgar Bergen: he appears in "Consider Yourself"

#34 George Burns: he eats a talking machine and blows up in the "Monster and Machine" sketch

#35 Dom DeLuise: he appears in the animal shelter sketch with Dom, Big Mama and DogLion

#41 Julie Andrews: he makes brief appearances in the cold opening and in Julie's closing number "Whenever I Feel Afraid"

#47 John Cleese: he eats John's contract in a backstage scene, sings in John's closing number and appears in the goodnights

#51 Roy Clark: he makes a cameo appearance in "Pigs in Space"

#63 Lesley Ann Warren: he appears in the cold opening and in the background in the first backstage scene

#72 Cheryl Ladd: he appears in the cold opening

#120 Roger Moore: he appears in the goodnights

What am I missing?

A

Agentflash

Well, for your information, the Luncheon Counter Monster later appeared in Play-Along videos, The Jim Henson Hour, The Cosby Show episode "Cliff's Nightmare", The Muppets at Walt Disney World, Muppet-Vision 3D, and Mopatop's Shop.

P

Philip Kippel

Thanks, Agentflash. I know about some of those later appearances Luncheon Counter Monster made, but I'm asking for a complete list of his "Muppet Show" appearances.

P

Philip Kippel

Luncheon Counter appeared in "The Muppet Movie" as well.

A

Agentflash

Oh, yeah, and don't forget that Luncheon Counter Monster also appeared as a cameo in "The Great Muppet Caper" and "Muppets Take Manhattan".

A

Agentflash

Actually I couldn't find a complete list of his "Muppet Show" appearances though.

P

Philip Kippel

I still need to know of any more Luncheon Counter Monster "Muppet Show" appearances.

Dave "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole, where are you?:frown:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
#50 Rita Coolidge & Kris Kristofferson: appears in the cold opening and (briefly) in the closing number

#51 Leo Sayer: appears (with Behemoth) in the cold opening

#56 Loretta Lynn: appears in the special opening credits

He might be in the closing number of the Linda Lavin episode, but I'm not certain (there are so many Muppets in that one). I'll get back to you.

That should be the extent of all his appearances.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole