Alphaquest

mikealan

Reaction score
This here is the thread of Alphaquest-the newly animated letter series where a live black girl goes on the quest of each letter. Whenever the sponsored letter is on the white door, she opens it and goes on the quest of the letter. Here are the only letter versions I remember seeing.

B-featuring everything that starts with B that float all around in the dark black-blue background.
D-she dances in the desert with the dinosaur.
F-features a frog and a flood of fish that had anything that begins with F on them. I never recall watching that in my youth!
H-she rides on the helicopter passing along the hills including the horse in the house
M-she in mittens makes the Monster Mash Meal with marshmellows, muffins, etc. until a Muppet monster eats part of the meal and wants more
P-I think I remembered the penguins doing their chorus in it.
R-she meets a live rabbit and sees the rainbow at the end.
S-kinda scared me as a little kid, 'cuz Grover's there. Not anymore! It starts with her in a swim suit seeing Grover on the surfboard. She then jumps into the sea and sees the sun setting. She then takes the submarine to let it take her home as the stars appear.
W-She sees the brick wall with the window. I think she got blown away with the wind at the end.

Anybody got touched in these letter series, yet?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it's a good thing that you remember all of those Alphaquest sketches. Cause they're all you'll ever see. That's why I got disappointed with the series, it had some potential of goofyness but they just let it lag behind with only nine segments. Much better than the bland Alphaboy sketches though, but #1 is the Letter Man animated segments from TEC which I discovered when I started seeing the old episodes again on Noggin last year until the present.

CookieFan

Reaction score
As much as I couldn't stand Alphaquest, it was exponentially better than AlphaBoy. I'm glad they stopped making Alphaquest; it was one of my least favorite segments ever.

dcfboss

Reaction score
i remember alphaquest. they only show the s one nowadays. it's got a catchy song though..lol

was it the same girl for each letter cuz i dont remember?

now if you excuse me...

I have to A-B-C Decide
what's the door I haven't tried
A-B-C-D- East to West
Going on an alphaquessssst

lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not really a big Alphaquest fan, though I did like the S with Grover.

But come on. WHo was asleep at the switch when they decided to do Alphaboy? It was a cute idea, but one semi cute idea can become a bore.....

Announcer:"Stay tuned for the further adventures of Alpha boy"

Statler: There are further adventures?

Waldorf: Well, if you can't put them to sleep before, third time's the charm! Doh ho ho hoooo!

roadrat15

Reaction score
Originally posted by dcfboss
i remember alphaquest. they only show the s one nowadays. it's got a catchy song though..lol

was it the same girl for each letter cuz i dont remember?

now if you excuse me...

I have to A-B-C Decide
what's the door I haven't tried
A-B-C-D- East to West
Going on an alphaquessssst

lol
Yep.Same girl evertime. She didn't have much personality, though.

salemfan

Reaction score
When I acquired some used books, I found this children's book called Hide-And-Seek ABC written in 1971 by Adelaide Holl, pictures by Lee Ames. The reader sees 26 pictures in which to find objects beginning with a certain letter of the alphabet. The book reminded me of those Alphaquest segments. Here's a link to the book's availability at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/103-9038844-8089469?v=glance&s=books

dustinrn

Reaction score
mike allen: is alphaquest really all that "new"? if i had to guess i'd say it's probably from the very early 90s, unless they're making new episodes? :cool:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The earliest I've seen it in an episode is from 1990.

BTW, what was the "B" one like?