The International Muppet Show

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Just an update on the 'Halfway Down the Stairs' confusion...

We have found ANOTHER version !

In the original episode of TOTP with 'Halfway Down the Stairs' at Number 7, The scene has a dark/black background with pink lighting on the stairs.

It is strange.

So now there is Orange/Brown from the show, Blue/Purple which we thought was from TOTP, And Black/Pink which we have actually seen on TOTP.

It is really confusing, So any help would be great !

I hope to have some more screen captures on the page soon !

See ya

T

Twiddlebug

:boo: :crazy: :sing: :smirk:
Oh yes! That's what I'm talking about! Thanks, Warrick.

Halfway was only done twice. Since there is another version with a different color to it, someone must have colorized it. That's just an educated guess for what it's worth.
Yours in Muppety Madness,
:sing:

anathema

Reaction score
Hi Jerry,
At the risk of being slapped down again ;-), there are three different recordings. The orange/brown and blue/purple ones appear in two different edits of the Harvey Korman TMS, and seem to use the same soundtrack recording (it's the second of these I'd believed was the TOTP one). They use different camera angles and shots, so it's not a colourisation job :smile:

T

Twiddlebug

Halfway

For Anathma. I'll see if I can make this really clear. One vocal recording was done at ATV Studios in Boringwood. One was done at TOTP's studio before a live audience. That would have different shots as it was done by a different director. If, and I say If, the third one is used in a different MS and has different shots it was perhaps an earlier take at the ATV Studios.That might explain why, ( if it too is with different shots ) everyone is so confused about this. And a third option ( for those that still have doubts), remember this is tape and can be re-edited long after the fact.I know where the two are from, ATV&TOTPs. Where is the third one from? What show? Because TOTYP could also have changed it in the manner you have described.:rolleyes: :eek:I already explained why they sound alike.

anathema

Reaction score
The blue/purple version is in a copy of the Harvey Korman TMS that I have. There are various (minor) editing differences between this copy of the show and my other copy (with the orange/brown lit 'Stairs'). I can't really tell just by looking at the two, but they could very well be different takes done with different lighting setups. I was originally told that the blue/purple one was the one done on TOTP, hence my confusion as to how it had ended up in a TMS :smile: Of course, this has now turned out not to be the case! I still haven't seen the actual TOTP recording....

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
:confused: man I'm confused! :confused:

Let's recap.

There's a blue/purple version, orange/brown lit 'Stairs and black/pink lighting version which makes................... 3! right?

MuppetDanny

muppettheatre

Reaction score
Twiddlebug - Since you sort of have all that straightened out I just want to ask Jerry a quick off the topic question. I was just wondering if you were able to get the slide show I gave you for Christmas to work and if so I'm sorry that I didn't have more pictures of you, we were just never on set at the same time I guess! Let me know if it worked and if you liked it, or if it was a lame present.

-Jenny Trotter:crazy:

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey that Sweetums question is of interest too. There are 5 things to control: 2 arms, a mouth and 2 eyes. How does it work?