The International Muppet Show

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
original post by *Warrick*
Did you have those scenes from The Muppet Movie with the Camel and Sam on the road side and Waldorf and Statler in the cafe ?
sorry I don't.

original post by *Warrick*
Jerry Juhl told me that info, And i have the video - LOL
Is there any chance of a copy on tape - do you do video trade ?

Later

MuppetDanny

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Danny,

I thought you was trading with Alex ?

Ifnot then yeah, I can do video trades now !

See ya

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Warrick

I have just done a trade with Alex and Boober_Gorg, at the moment I'm not trading with anyone.

e-mail me with a list of stuff you have and we go from there :smile:

Well it's way past my bed time :big_grin:

Later

MuppetDanny

Squigiman

Reaction score
HUH???

When did you get to talk to JERRY JUHL???

-Squigiman

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Dave,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Germany wanted there own skits made especially for them, But they only got one and that was Mary Roos singing 'Lean On Me', In German.

It was put in place of Twiggy singing 'In My Life'.

It is all in German, And no one knows where an English copy can be found.

Mary Roos talks to Rowlf, Then sings with Floyd on Bongos, Janice on Guitar, Zoot on Sax, Animal on Drums and Rowlf on Piano.

Two whatnot females accompany Janice to sing the chorus 'Kom zu Meir' with Mary Roos.
Richard actually sings in German !
Did the actual Muppeteers actually sing in German? Or just Richard?

It reminds me of something I read in a book about Monty Python, and they didn't like dubbing so the British cast actually made whole new episodes in German (featuring the German Language version of the Lumberjack song)

In fact, they didn't speak a WORD of German, and had to parrot the whole thing. In fact, one time one of them (probably Michael Palin, I forgot) had to be an Austrailian Nature show host, and had to talk about the hindquarters of a Kangaroo in parrot german, with an Aussie accent!

Animal

Reaction score
Hey!

I think they only did 2 skits/songs in Germany, different from the originals. Or am I wrong about this???

1. "Lean On Me('Kom zu Meir')", with Mary Ross, from the Twiggy episode!

2. "Halfway Down The Stairs"(a bit different from the original Harvey Korman episode). This clip is available on "Children´s Songs & Stories w/The Muppets". If you´re watching this clip and then the Harvey Korman episode, you can see that there´s a difference in those two clips.

I´ve always thought that this other clip was from a TV show like "Top of the Pops" or something, but was recently told, it was from the German "Die Muppet Show"!!!:smile:

-Hans

anathema

Reaction score
There are two video recordings of "Halfway Down The Stairs", both performed to the same audio recording of the song. One has yellow/brown lighting, the other has blue/purple.

At this point, it's not clear why there are two takes. My copy of the German cut of the show uses the yellow/brown version, and my UK cut uses the blue/purple one. One theory is that the second version was recorded to use on "Top of the Pops" in lieu of performing the song live in studio, although why they chose to re-shoot it rather than using the original take, I don't know. At any rate, "Top of the Pops" used the blue/purple one (so far as I'm aware).

Regardless of the reason for making the second recording, it ended up being edited into the episode at some point. I should note that my German copy of this particular show does not match my UK copy exactly - there are numerous single-frame edits and a couple of 6-frame trims to the German version, which suggests that the show was re-edited pretty much from scratch at some stage, with the blue/purple take used. I can't confirm the age of my UK copy, so it's entirely possible that it's a later edit than the one originally transmitted in 1976.

So far as I'm aware, the yellow/brown version is the earlier of the two. In any event, the audio remains the same, so it doesn't really qualify as a 'German exclusive' in the way that the Mary Roos song does. :smile:

If anybody knows the reasons for this second recording having been made, I'd love to hear from you!

Stulz

Reaction score
Re: Danny,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Yeah, London.

Did you have those scenes from The Muppet Movie with the Camel and Sam on the road side and Waldorf and Statler in the cafe ?
Those shots were actually in the movie??? I 've seen stills of them. And when I asked people @ Henson they said they were just publicity shots that were never used .......

Hmmmm...

Anyway just downloaded the original TMS opening from "back Stage"..
Great Site!! MORE UPLOADS!!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I dont think they were in the final edit of the movie itseld, only in the book and publicity shots.

I had a misunderstanding with Danny.

Im gonna try and find out about that 'Halfway Down the Stairs' shoot !

see ya