The International Muppet Show

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
When The Muppet Show ran in other Foreign countries, There needed to be some minor edits to suit that language.

In the opening titles on the plaque at the very beginning it would say The Muppet Show and Kermit would appear out of the 'O' and introduce the Guest Star for that week.

In Germany the plaque was changed to Die Muppet Show, And they filmed Kermit coming out of that introducing the Guest.

This was done for quite a few different Countries, Does anyone know of another country that had it ?

So far i only know of Germany, But there were more !

See ya

SillyRed

Reaction score
"Die Muppet Show"?

Die Muppet Show? I know it's German, but they might think Some1 wants the Muppet Show to die, when the title is actually in German?:big_grin: :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Warrick

I have managed to put online clip of "Die muppet Show" (courtesy of "anathema" :big_grin:), I don't know much but all I know is this clip is from Twiggy episode with a second guest star named Mary Roos :smile:confused: ).

Hope it helps Warrick :smile:

MuppetDanny

to view click here

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Warrick

Yeah, I also got some of that footage too, notcie no audience in the first picture in the second row.

Does anyone know that was it recorded in London or Germany ?

MuppetDanny

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Danny,

Yeah, London.

Did you have those scenes from The Muppet Movie with the Camel and Sam on the road side and Waldorf and Statler in the cafe ?

see ya

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Does anathema know who this Mary Roos is?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Dave,

Germany wanted there own skits made especially for them, But they only got one and that was Mary Roos singing 'Lean On Me', In German.

It was put in place of Twiggy singing 'In My Life'.

It is all in German, And no one knows where an English copy can be found.

Mary Roos talks to Rowlf, Then sings with Floyd on Bongos, Janice on Guitar, Zoot on Sax, Animal on Drums and Rowlf on Piano.

Two whatnot females accompany Janice to sing the chorus 'Kom zu Meir' with Mary Roos.
Richard actually sings in German !

Jerry Juhl told me that info, And i have the video - LOL

see ya