MUPPET CENTRAL FORUM AWARDS #7 (Take Two)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Okay, so as most people know (and if you don't know, i'm about to tell you), this year's Muppet Central Awards almost was cancelled due to low participation. However because 2010 was such a great year for the forum and many of its participants really deserve to be recognized, some tweaks have been made in the hopes of allowing this great tradition to continue and we're pleased to announce the updated information for THE SEVENTH (SOMEWHAT) ANNUAL MUPPET CENTRAL FORUM AWARDS.

...First of all, all previous votes are still on file, so those who have already voted don't have to worry about sending in your votes again (but of course, you're more than welcome to send in further votes for the new categories plus those you haven't yet voted for)

(The previous thread for the awards may be viewed at http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=52520 )

AWARD NOMINATION CHOICES ARE DUE ON SATURDAY, MARCH 12, 2011

***Please note the new email address*** is mcforumvotingbooth@hotmail.com

Soon after the initial round of voting is tabulated and choices verified for eligibility, the nominations will be announced and the final round of voting will take place.

AWARD WINNER CHOICES ARE DUE ON SATURDAY, MARCH 26, 2011 TO mcforumvotingbooth@hotmail.com

AWARDS CEREMONY, HOSTED BY dwayne1115 AND Aaron IS TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR EITHER THE MUPPETY DATE OF FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2011 OR SUNDAY APRIL 3, 2011 ON MUPPET CENTRAL FORUMS Keep your eyes on this thread for the final date.

When voting...

• First and foremost, copy and paste the list of award categories into an e-mail and enter your votes for the categories.
  • Please fill out the ballot with your opinions for the best of each category and submit them to mcforumvotingbooth@hotmail.com by Saturday, March 12, 2011.
  • You do not have to vote in all of the categories. (Although it is encouraged.)
  • Absolutely no voting for yourself.
  • Campaigning for yourself is allowed, as long as it does not get out of hand. (Acceptable means of campaigning include: campaigning via signatures, campaigning via avatar, and campaigning in THIS thread.)
  • You may vote for a forum member in more than one category.
  • Any ballots posted in this thread (or anywhere else) will NOT be counted. All ballots MUST be sent in an email to mcforumvotingbooth@hotmail.com (Your email will not be known by anyone but the four-person awards committee and will NOT be used for any purposes other than to count your votes.)

• After Saturday, March 12, 2011, a new list of 2011 Muppet Central Forum Awards NOMINEESwill be posted in a NEW thread on Muppet Central Forum.

• Approximately five nominees will be selected and presented to you, the voters, in each category. (Actual number of final nominees may vary. Less than five may be presented in cases where less than five nominees were submitted. More than five may be presented in the event of ties during the nomination round.)
  • In the unlikely event that a category only has one nomination (due to either being unanimous or only having one vote received), that candidate will automatically be deemed the winner and will be announced during the award ceremony.
  • In the especially unlikely event that a category garners no votes at all, it will not be awarded during this year's ceremony.
  • At that time, we will ask you to please copy and paste the ballot into another email and select ONLY one of the nominees as your choice for the winner of that category. Send this new ballot in an email to mcforumvotingbooth@hotmail.com by Saturday, March 26, 2011.
  • Once again, you do not have to choose a winner in every category, but we highly encourage you to research the nominees and vote in every category. This helps us to have a more fleshed-out awards season with a wider array of opinions.

• Your votes will be tallied together to decide the winners of the awards, which will be presented at The Seventh (Somewhat) Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony (date still TBD but will most likely be Fri April 1 or Sun April 3, 2011.
  • Attendance at the Awards Ceremony is not required, but is requested. It's fun, it's free, and, hey, you might win something! For the first time, the Awards Ceremony will be hosted by two Muppet Central Forum members, dwayne1115 and Aaron. We're very excited to have them both working on the awards!
  • And the biggest rule that absolutely MUST be followed... HAVE FUN! ! !

We, The Muppet Central Forum Awards committee implore you to please, please, please vote in both the nominations and winners ballots. As a reminder, this year's awards ALMOST DID NOT HAPPEN due to low voter turnout and these latest rounds of voting, rules and committee changes are taking place in an effort to salvage the awards so any and all votes are strongly encouraged, welcomed, and appreciated.

Much thanks to theprawncracker for all his invaluable work and dedication to the MC Forum Awards over the years!

The ballot for this year's awards will be posted below. You will note five BRAND NEW awards have been added to the latest ballot due to excellent feedback provided by forum members. Once again, if you've already voted, your previous votes are still on file so you don't need to send them again. But you may still vote in the new categories or vote for categories not included on the prior ballot. In the event you wish to revise any prior votes, please note this in your email. (If someone sends more than one vote in the same category in different emails, the most recent email will be considered their vote)

Thanks everyone for your patience with the changes and extentions. Hopefully the wait will be worth it with one of our best ceremonies!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
So, I take it I'm linking the awards to vous? :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Nomination Ballot

THE OFFICIAL SEVENTH (SOMEWHAT) ANNUAL MUPPET CENTRAL FORUM AWARDS 2011 VOTERS BALLOT

Forum Friends and Family
Funniest Forum Member of 2010
Most Prominent Forum Member of 2010
Most Underrated Forum Member of 2010
Most Creative Current Signature
Outstanding Thread Started in 2010
Outstanding Post of 2010
Craziest Member of 2010
Most Thoughtful Member of 2010
Outstanding Reporter of Muppet News in 2010
Biggest Muffin Purveyor of 2010
Most Informative Member of 2010
Outstanding New Member of 2010

Muppet Appreciation

Biggest Supporter of The Muppets in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Fraggle Rock in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Jim Henson's Fantasy Worlds in 2010
Biggest Supporter of The Jim Henson Company in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Muppet Merchandise in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street Merchandise in 2010
Biggest Supporter of the Muppeteers in 2010
Most Enthusiastic Forum Member of 2010
Outstanding Fan Artist of 2010
Outstanding Fan-Fiction Written in 2010
Most Dedicated Muppet Fan of 2010

The Muppet Central Forum Lifetime Achievement Award
Previous Winners -
Phillip Chapman
The Count
Beauregard
D'Snowth

When voting for the Lifetime Achievement Award, PLEASE vote for a member who has not won it yet.

NEWLY ADDED CATEGORIES
Outstanding Fan-Fiction Writer of 2010
Outstanding Work of Fan Art of 2010
Outstanding Forum Puppeteer of 2010
Outstanding Forum Puppet Builder of 2010
Most Informative Puppetry Instruction in 2010

(These last three categories have been added to recognize the incredible talent and information provided in our puppetry subforum. The Instruction Award is designed to honor those that are a valuable wealth of information and instruction (in building, performance, or other aspects). The Puppeteer and Builder Awards are open to forum members who are either amateur or professional but ideally do not regularly officially work for Henson, Disney, or Sesame Workshop.)

Email completed ballot to mcforumvotingbooth@hotmail.com by Saturday March 12, 2011 and include your forum handle in your email.

As a reminder, all votes are subject to verification of eligibility (i.e. not voting for oneself, actual participation during calendar year 2010).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is great I have most of the ballot filled out, but got distacted by a fan- fic. So I will try and finish them within the end of the week.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Guys, you all are in for such a treat!

OMG! I am so thrilled right now!

As those of you who've been around for the last couple ceremonies know, one really great extra element to the awards have been the inclusion of actual award certificates that the winners can download and print. RedPiggy's volunteered to put together the awards this year and i just got a sneak peak at them and holy guacamole are the lucky winners going to be so blessed!

They are absolutely fabulous - each of them unique, beautiful and a lot of fun splashed with those extra "fan touches" that only "one of us" could provide, just the perfect touch for such an event and seeing them really makes me happy to see the ceremony continuing this year!

Can't wait for everyone to see them!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
GAH! I never thought it'd happen, but I actually got a headache from surfing through the forum!

Then again, I never had to make decisions whist surfing before.

Rat: What about the time you got smacked in the head with your own board.

You did that...

Rat: Oh, right.

...and I'm still mad at you for it.

Rat: I'll be in my hole.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
GAH! I never thought it'd happen, but I actually got a headache from surfing through the forum!

Then again, I never had to make decisions whist surfing before.

Rat: What about the time you got smacked in the head with your own board.

You did that...

Rat: Oh, right.

...and I'm still mad at you for it.

Rat: I'll be in my hole.
I have done the same thing i think it was last week!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
You will be happy to know that all the awards are done. Please tour the area, write down some names, and vote for those guys, so we can hand 'em out! :big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who's voted so far.

Just one thing i wanted to bring to attention: the following awards:

- Best Thread
- Best Post
- Best Piece of Fan Art
- Best Fan Fiction

need to have the actual thing itself specified in that category, not just the name of the person who was responsible for it (since in each case, the author/artist more than likely did several and we need to know which one is actually being voted for)

This hasn't been that much of a problem so far, but there has been the odd ballot here and there where i've seen that happen so if you still have yet to vote, please take extra note of this (and if you've voted already and think you might have made that mistake, just send a follow-up email with the clarification)