Super Bowl XLV: The Commercials

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While we have another thread for the game, this one is for discussing the commercials. Let us know which ones you liked and those you didn't care for.

:sleep::boo:

SSLFan

Reaction score
One commercial about the NFL featured clips of various sitcoms in 'football related' situations sorta speak. There was a quick split-second shot of Ernie inviting some animals over to his apartment "for the game". Not sure what SS skit that it's taken from though.
:stick_out_tongue:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Saw that one Alf was on it too but Ernie moment really made me Happy

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's neat. A lot of cool TV clips there. Thanks for pointing that out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently a while back someone shared a contest entry of theirs, in which a Cookie Monster parody puppet was eating Doritos, and the puppeteer stops feeding the puppet and feeds himself... it pulls out and there's a guy dressed like Frank Oz and a guy like Jim Henson, and the Jim Henson guy says cut it out or something like that.

It's a shame that one didn't win. Apparently it lost to someone sucking someone else's finger in an "awkward office" setting.

Wow! I didn't know it was 2005 again.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The only commercial I actually recall watching was the Doritos one (bringing things back to life). I saw the one with Ernie online and I liked it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Saw the one with the various TV characters gathering to watch the Super Bowl. Some pretty clever and convincing editing there, too (such as Fonz hitting an edited-in big screen).