The Jim Henson Company Puppets to perform at the 2011 Grammys

theprawncracker

Reaction score
To be clear... this is NOT "The Muppets" this is Jim Henson Company puppets. That means no Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Lew Zealand... so don't freak. It's most likely Puppet Up puppets. I think a thread title change would be good so we don't confuse people too much.

Still looking forward to this appearance though!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
To clarify once again... these are not The MUPPETS that Disney owns, these are just Jim Henson Company puppets--most likely from Stuffed and Unstrung and Puppet Up! So... Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Lew Zealand... not going to be performing with Cee Lo Green and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Still a very exciting appearance though!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
A local radio station was talking about this yesterday and were saying "The Muppets" and I was like "what? I didn't hear the Muppets were performing!" So thanks Prawnie for the clarification! I am tempted to call said radio station, lol.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what those futuristic-looking puppets were from? They looked very familiar.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be clear... this is NOT "The Muppets" this is Jim Henson Company puppets.
That still makes them Muppets irregardless if they can be legally refered to by that term or not.

But nonetheless, that was a pretty cool thing to watch, I'm not usually one to sit through award shows in their entirety, but seeing this was worth the watch, lol. I knew I saw Piddles the Pug in there amongst all the mayhem, lol.

dwmckim

Reaction score
For "non-Muppets", that costume sure recalled Elton John's TMS opening number, didn't it?

I'm sure that was *not* Koozebane either (Hensonbane?)

lgquinn

Reaction score
Grammy performance

I see that the "Muppets" did not perform at the Grammy show tonight, but they are Jim Henson "puppets". This fact would be oblivious to a child. All they see is the what looks like a "Muppet". The look is unmistakeable to a child. "Muppet" or "Puppet", to have Jim Henson's characters associated with such a VULGAR song is unbelievable! I don't care how the music industry has dressed-up this song for airplay, it still contains a word in it's original lyrics that is horrible for a high school student to utter, not to mention a child to have to hear! And don't come back here and say that they replaced the word with "forget"! Children these days are smart! With one click, they can get on the internet and find out! Shame on you, Henson "puppets"! Shame, shame, shame! Parents have depended on your "puppets" to teach their children life lessons and now this! Shame on you!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
For "non-Muppets", that costume sure recalled Elton John's TMS opening number, didn't it?

I'm sure that was *not* Koozebane either (Hensonbane?)
I gotta say! That is very similar to Elton's costume! Also, some of the band members, to me, just scream Solid Foam and Jim Henson Hour. They seem very futuristic and creative! Especially the drummer! Lastly, the three female dancers look very similar to some early TMS Season 1 whatnots! This is heck of a lot like the Muppets except for a few odd characters!