Your Thoughts: MC’s 13th Birthday

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy birthday! Muppet Central is now 13 years old. The site debuted 13 years ago on January 28, 1998.

Back when the site first started The Jim Henson Company still owned all of their original properties including the Muppets and Sesame Street. Two new feature films were in development simultaneously, Muppets From Space and Elmo in Grouchland. Even though many changes have occurred throughout the EM.TV and Disney years, we’ve been honored to be a small part of it and to provide a place for fan discussion and interaction.

We want to thank all of the staff, past and present who have given so much of their time and giftings to make Muppet Central a great place. Every member here is a vital part of what makes Muppet Central special. Thanks for doing your part in keeping Jim Henson’s vision of the Muppets alive. We believe great days are ahead.

While we’re celebrating thirteen years, we are also looking towards the future. What do you think the future holds for the Muppets? What is your prediction for 2011? Share your opinions in the below discussion and let us know what you think will happen with the Muppets in this upcoming year.

Share your thoughts on MC's 13th Birthday and your Muppet predictions here...

King Rupert

Reaction score
I couldnt be more excited with a movie on deck in 2011... However I am very nervous that with Disney at the helm we're going to see more dialogue similar to Letters from Santa and not the humor we grew up with.

One of my favorite things was rediscovering the Muppets back in the 90's and realizing how many jokes were aimed at adults. It truly makes the experience that much better.

Now with a son of my own I really hope the Muppets continue to deliver that exceptional comedy that only they can do.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The MC Birthday header is one of my favorites! Happy Birthday!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
happy b day mc i hope we will see what is round the corner this year:smile::insatiable:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Happy Birthday to Muppet Central! May all your Muppet wishes come true!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
HAPPY 13TH MUPPET CENTRAL:zany::zany:...MY WEB HOME AWAY FROM HOME..tho i am home most of the time im on MC :smile:

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Thirteen years and counting! Hurray for Muppet Central! Yaaaaayyyyyy! :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
Happy 13th Birthday Muppet Central. Thank you for doing all you do.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Wow, 13 years. You've just hit puberty, MC! Now your voice is going to change and you're going to break out in pimples. :wink:

Seriously, though - Happy birthday to a great site!

Now, not so serious: 2011 predictions -

A prime-time Sesame Street 42nd anniversary special!

Direct to video: Walter's Swamp Years!

The Dark Crystal sequel! . . . Eh, who am I kidding?