Fraggles Look for Jobs

Foodie

Reaction score
Oh oh! I think I can answer this cuz I have a copy. From what I was told, when the series ended, I guess the folks who worked on the series got this special... I dunno, lost episode sort of thing. It showed the 5 main fraggles after the series finished shooting discussing what they were gonna do now that the series was over.

Red was gonna help coach a hockey team or something, Mokey found a boy friend in the form of a famous vantriloquist ( I can't spell w/o my spellcheck ) puppet ( of whom I can't remember the name ), Gobo was gonna start a singing career as " Gobo the Frosty Fraggle ", I think Wembley was just gonna take it easy... and get rid of the banana tree shirts and um... oh yeah, Boober was having trouble finding work. For the most part, it was a " thanks to the crew type of thing because throughout the whole show, the fraggles mentioned many of the behind the scenes workers on Fraggle Rock.

The end is very... unsatisfying as it fades to black while the fraggles all sing a version of " Children of Tommorow " they say something like " We work again sometime.... tomorrow ". It's unsatisfying because it leaves me at least REALLY wanting more.

I'm gonna hafta try watching it again. It's also a darn good reason for me to find some one who has one of those new DVD writers.

Anyway, maybe this was what you were refering to. Heh heh heh.:big_grin:

Nick

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg -

Yes, that is "The Fraggles Find Jobs". Everything said by Foodie is basically what the special is. Many BTS folk who worked on FR are mentioned. Boober calls Rob Mills and Terry Angus, looking for a new series to work on since FR is over. Mokey is dating a ventriloquist (his name is "Gar-Lou", or something like that :rolleyes: don't know him). Red is planning on playing hockey for the Toronto Maple Leafs, and Wembley wants to get rid of his banana tree shirts LOL.

Many technical aspects of television are mentioned. For example, Wembley doesn't want to climb the stairs to meet with the other Fraggles because he's gotten spoiled: he's used to being edited upstairs by the FR editors LOL!

The Fraggles also mention "The Boss", and how they can't be late meeting up with him. He's played by a familiar face, and you can scroll down if you want to know who he is. Otherwise, I won't spoil it. Gotta see for yourself! :stick_out_tongue:

Richard Hunt! Richard's directing career was just getting started at that point, so it was very appropriate for him to play that role.

- Billy :cool:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Traveling Matt

That's sounds cool :big_grin:. Do you have copy?

MuppetDanny

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey MuppetDanny-

I just have my copy. Unfortunately, I only have one VCR.
Sorry :frown:

- Billy :cool:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Darn it :frown:, That's a new item on Wish list :wink:

MuppetDanny

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
AWWWWWWWWW!! :frown:

This gem has to be seen by more of us members. If anyone has it, and would be willing to work out a trade, please let me know. It is now on the Wanted (REALLY REALLY BADLY) section of my trade list document (email me for it).