Pre-Order "Fraggle Rock: Scared Silly" coming to DVD September 14

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Fraggle Rock: Scared Silly" will arrive on DVD for the first time on Tuesday September 14. Here are all the details on this anticipated release. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Since most of us will be getting "Fraggle Rock: Scared Silly", we'd like to mention that if you order the Scared Silly DVD from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This one seems perfectly for Halloween. That's the way to do it. You release the ENTIRE series, then you do "kid friendly" best of releases.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
From my memories of watching Fraggle Rock as a kid, this release seems very well suited for the show. There were a good number of episodes I remember being a little freaky when I watched it as a kid- at least when I first saw it. But Fraggle Rock always wrapped things up well.:excited:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I cant believe this was posted way back in May but I have only just discovered it, none of the main 'Muppet' web sites have reported this release?

Anyway, for anyone else in the dark here is the link to all the info and the cover art.

It looks pretty good.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Scared_Silly_(video)

Chris

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed. Happy to see that they're keeping the Fraggles out there, and I know there are many who will be picking this up, especially since there is an unreleased Animal Show with it. But, the majority of the DVD's content has been released previously.

We've had a great run of DVDs from Henson! Song of the Cloud Forest in April. Dog City in June. 20 and Still Counting in July. Henson's Place in August. The only real reason I'm upset is that now, with September's release held by "Scared Silly," I have to wait until at least October before another rare special comes to DVD. :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed. Happy to see that they're keeping the Fraggles out there, and I know there are many who will be picking this up, especially since there is an unreleased Animal Show with it. But, the majority of the DVD's content has been released previously.
Yes, but you're missing the point entirely. There are people who actually DON'T want to buy the big box sets and only buy the smaller, cheaper DVD's. And quite honestly, I think Lionsgate and Henson are doing it right! Release the entire run of the series first THEN go to best ofs and themed singles. Too often I see the opposite, releasing something partially in box sets (or not at all) and then just blanketing the market with single disk volumes and never giving anything more substantial for the fans.

This way, people who sort of remember and sort of like the show... or those who's kids never saw it, can get a nice little sample of the series.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yes, but you're missing the point entirely. There are people who actually DON'T want to buy the big box sets and only buy the smaller, cheaper DVD's. And quite honestly, I think Lionsgate and Henson are doing it right! Release the entire run of the series first THEN go to best ofs and themed singles. Too often I see the opposite, releasing something partially in box sets (or not at all) and then just blanketing the market with single disk volumes and never giving anything more substantial for the fans.

This way, people who sort of remember and sort of like the show... or those who's kids never saw it, can get a nice little sample of the series.
Oh, I agree. It's a very good idea. I understand the point, I just can't help but feel personally disappointed. It's a smart move, for sure, but it's a DVD I can't justify buying for myself... though perhaps as a gift?

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I'd see myself buying this for someone as a birthday present. Perhaps a season set for Christmas?