Jason Segel to play the lead in new movie

Who is your favorite human lead in a Muppet movie?

• Charles Durning as Doc Hopper (The Muppet Movie)

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Charles Grodin as Nicky Holiday (The Great Muppet Caper)

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Juliana Donald as Jenny (The Muppets Take Manhattan)

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge (The Muppet Christmas Carol)

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Tim Curry as Long John Silver (Muppet Treasure Island)

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Jeffrey Tambor as K. Edgar Singer (Muppets From Space)

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

beaker

Reaction score
"It is known that Segel plays a man on a quest to find and reunite the Muppets."

Niiiice. This is EXACTLY the plotline I wanted to see in a new film:smile:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Sounds cool. And it's good to have a Muppet maniac involved in the film. Less chance of it going awry!

goshposh

Reaction score
I thought it was a shoo in he was the human lead. He did co write the script.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still say, if we're still using this script (or a reworked version of it) and Jason is still involved (everything we're getting is mixed) I really hope he has some of his buddyfriends from How I Met Your Mother there. I'd LOVE to see Neil Patrick Harris have some role... he'd make a FUN badguy.

beaker

Reaction score
I still say, if we're still using this script (or a reworked version of it) and Jason is still involved (everything we're getting is mixed) I really hope he has some of his buddyfriends from How I Met Your Mother there. I'd LOVE to see Neil Patrick Harris have some role... he'd make a FUN badguy.
Oh totally...and I'd so love to see Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill:smile:

zns

Reaction score
I'm positively positive that Jason will do a terrific job with acting in the movie as well as writing the screenplay. Because he is very cautious of how he wants to get the Muppets out there again, it is obvious that he will shine along with Kermit and the gang. :smile:

RyRan75

Reaction score
From a past "Rolling Stones" article, Jason seems as if he will be very respectful in honoring the Muppet past, especially the original "Muppet Show" characters of the 70's, which are dear to his heart.

Obviously, due to the loss of many great performers, as well as polling trends, we have lost core characters in films/TV specials over the years....hopefully Mr. Segel will honor these characters respectfully.

I would like to see Beauregard, Hilda, Mildred, Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, Nigel, Robin, Uncle Deadly, Wayne & Wanda and Marvin Suggs. All with at least a dozen lines or so just as an introduction to these characters.