Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

SSLFan

Reaction score
According to a youtube post, as mentioned by SpinneyBigBird1095, they say Big Bird is only to appear in only four episodes of the upcoming Season 41. I surely hope this isn't the case, cause it would definately seem like a new low for SW. It's almost seeming like they're starting to phase out BB along with other characters for that matter. Again, I hope this proves to be innacurate (though the user mentions he talked to Mr. Spinney himself), and hopefully Season 41 won't be as dissapointing as the last.

Any thoughts?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me, unfortunately.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Isn't he usually only in like 4 episodes a season now? As long as Oscar is still there, I wouldn't worry.

But here's what I'm wondering. Is SW trying to phase out those characters, or is Spinney just not able to play BB all that much more? I heard he also got a massive pay cut, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But here's what I'm wondering. Is SW trying to phase out those characters, or is Spinney just not able to play BB all that much more? I heard he also got a massive pay cut, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
If that's the case, then wouldn't they just get Matt Vogel to fill in for him?

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the other thing I'm wondering about. If they were trying to edge Carol out, or if he was unable to perform (whatever you want to believe) why not just get him to play the bird.

Again... doesn't BB only appear in that many episodes a season already? This year he was in about 7 episodes (plus 2 insert segments) and I thought that was the most we've seen in a while.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
</3 I wanna go back to the first season or two. *sighs* Okay, who has the keys to the time machine?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yeeeeeeeeeeeep :rolleyes: just another sighn that the "red menace" and the annoying fairy are taking over our beloved STREET! :sympathy::boo:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
For all we know, that could only apply to street scenes. He could still be in some inserts. And maybe Carrol only filmed four episodes. Matt could've done Big Bird is some. The season won't premiere until late this year, so it's not the appropriate time to make this kids of assumptions.

zns

Reaction score
I've said it before and I will say it again. Elmo is the heart of Sesame Street, but Big Bird is the soul. If it were not for Big Bird, the show would not have as much child-like quality as it does now. :wisdom::wisdom::wisdom:

zns

Reaction score
I just sent a message to Sesame Workshop about the issue asking if this rumor is true and if Caroll is still performing the bird as we know it. I'll let everyone know the truth once I get the message.