Your Thoughts: Sesame Street on “Challenge”

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This special originally aired in July, however, it’s re-airing on Monday and is a must-see if you have the Food Network. On the show, four top cake artists will create Sesame Street inspired cakes that celebrate the past, present and future of this beloved American television show. Also included are cast interviews and a trip to Sesame Street.

The Sesame Street episode of “Challenge” airs on the Food Network at 7 pm eastern, 6 pm central on Monday November 9.

After you watch the show, post here and let us know your thoughts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw this on Food Network Challenge last night, and I was a little surprised of the results.

There were four different cakes -

One girl constructed a cake of Elmo standing on top of a table covered in red cloth, proudly presenting his celebration cake before Muppet versions of the host and judges (one of which complained about him being blue with a green nose and a unibrow).

One guy did a cake of Big Bird being surprised by Prairie Dawn holding up a cake with his own Muppet OC popping out with the SST sign (his OC was a little purple monster named Jellybean).

Another guy did a cake of Oscar popping out of his trashcan with a party hat on.

Lastly, a girl did a cake of Cookie Monster atop a giant cookie jar munching cookies, and hanging out with Muppet ingredients (a bag of sugar, a pair of eggs, a bag of flour, etc).

I was sure either the Elmo cake or the Cookie Monster cake would win because it got the most praise, and they were the most interesting ones I thought. The Oscar cake received a lot of criticism because Oscar was proportionatly too small for his can, and the overall construction of the cake had flaws here and there.

The Big Bird cake received a bit of criticism as well, because the lack of "celebration" in the design, the fact that the guy forgot to put eyelashes on one of Prairie's eyes, and because of him adding his own Muppet to the design who had nothing to do with the show... yet, that cake won anyway, mainly because of how extraordinary Big Bird turned out - Carol-Lynn Parente, who was a guest judge for the show, said it was like seeing a snapshot of the actual Big Bird.