Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sunny days, sweeping the clouds away... The long-awaited book Sesame Street: A Celebration - 40 Years of Life on the Street has finally arrived.

Read our review here...
http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/sesame_40_years_book.shtml

Since most of us will be getting the book, "A Celebration - 40 Years of Life on the Street", we'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the book with free shipping. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

After you receive your book, please be sure to post your thoughts and let us know what you think about the latest Sesame release.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ag, me wantie! I fear I may have to wait for Christmas for it....

zns

Reaction score
If I can wait an entire year for this to come out, then I can still wait until Christmas for this to come out. Outstanding review Phil. It seems to be a 99% more better than I expected. :smile::smile::smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Great review! But I must know... Is the section titled "Big screen, little screen" dedicated to the two movies?

Is Michael Earl mentioned in the book?

Is there any mention or photos of Leslie Mostly, Aristotle, Shivers the Penguin, The Mudman, Professor Hastings, or Rodeo Rosie?

What clips are in the montage of classic clips on the bonus DVD?

zns

Reaction score
What I find interesting in the review are the two photos from the "Bert and Ernie Sing-Along" and The Count Counts" albums. Where they actually taped into episodes first and then put into album format? I wonder. But like I said, the anticipation is just mind-boggling. I hope I can find in my retail bookstore soon. :batty::insatiable:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Fantastic review, Phil! Very well written and I LOVE those pictures! Can't wait to get my copy!

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I am really wanting this book and 40 years of Sunny Days DVD set now! :big_grin: This review has gotten me even more excited! Thanks! :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a shame that the bonus DVD doesn't have a preview for the 40th anniversary set. I hope that a trailer comes out online soon. It has previews for the Old School sets, but not the two-disc anniversary set?

zns

Reaction score
When do you suppose retail shops will start carrying the book?

zns

Reaction score
Never mind. I just looked over a copy in my local Barnes & Noble and it is a lot better than I could have ever anticipated. Now I know what to expect if I can get this as a Christmas gift.