Chowder voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is that popular cartoon from Cartoon Network, Chowder. About a kid who wants to be a chef in a magic land, but always eats everything in sight. This cartoon has interesting stories, funny drawn characters, weird names for food, and many cool ways to do animation from traditional animation to Claymation to puppetry.

NICK JONES: Chowder
DWIGHT SCHULTZ: Mung Daal
TARA STRONG: Truffles
KEVIN M. RICHARDSON: Shnitzel(first voice)
JOHN DIMAGGIO: Shnitzel(second voice)
DANA SNYDER: Gazpacho
LILIANA MUMY: Panini
MINDY STERLING: Miss. Endive
WILL SHADLEY: Gorgonzola
C.H. GREENBLATT: Kimchi
PAUL REUBENS: Reuben

Drtooth

Reaction score
Chowder is my new favorite show... even though I've only seen a few episodes. I really wish Warners would distribute the series in season sets (like it did with Fosters) so I could actually watch it. I really think this show could save Cartoon Network (of course, I also said that about Transformers Animated...)

But I haven't seen a round cartoon in so long. Everyone seems to have been drinking from the Genndy Tartikofsky/ Craig McCrackin blocky UPA/Jay Ward/Hanna Barbera style for so long, all of them really looked alike. Off the top of my head, Fairly Oddparents, Danny Phantom, The Mighty Bee, Time Squad, My Gym Partner is a Monkey, Grim and Evil (though that added a delightful dash of Ren and Stimpy), Johnny Test... etc. etc. Not that there was anything wrong with them (I hated Monkey, and Johnny test was only funny when written by the creator), but I missed the round style of cartoons in the 90's... sort of like Spongebob's style.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Chowder is one of my favorite CN shows. Flapjack is also good.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I really wish Warners would distribute the series in season sets (like it did with Fosters) so I could actually watch it.
They kind of have those. They have DVD's with 5 episodes (or ten 11 minute segments). Thats as close as we can get for now. I like that show too. I haven't liked a show on CN (thats not on Adult Swim) this much since Dexter's Lab.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like that show too. I haven't liked a show on CN (thats not on Adult Swim) this much since Dexter's Lab.
I haven't seen a really good one since Billy and Mandy, myself. CN came off of a rough patch, where they seemed to be green lighting anything stupid enough to be considered funny. They went through that rough period when they had the disappointing Camp Lazlo, Squirrel Boy (which I never saw, and I kinda wanted to, since it was desinged by one of my favorite illustrators, Everett Peck), and the hideous and unwatchable drek of My Gym Partner's a Monkey (It's a half hour of monkey butt jokes! Really it is!) That last one would have worked better as a T-shirt.

Not even the fact they felt they needed to be a "Children's Network" and compete with a certain other children's Network which was wooping their butts for the past couple years (for reasons we all know) They even treated the highly acclaimed Fosters Home shabbily, and almost rushed it to cancellation in recent years.

Of course, other than the last batch of three, and Juniper Possible... err Juniper Lee, there wasn't a CN toon I really disliked (And I gotta admit, I sorta kinda like Lazlo on occasion.. at least I like the character designs). I mean, they are basically trying to be Nick's Nicktoons... but they all had their charm. Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel was just delightfully stupid in a playful way (where as Gym Monkey was stupid for stupid's sake), Powerpuff Girls was a hillarious superhero satire (and you know me long enough to know that's my absolute favorite genre)... and Kids Next Door... well, for a show about kids that hate adults, they sure made it super enjoyable for adults to watch. The Christmas special was the BEST satire of Marvel Comics I had ever seen.

Xerus

Reaction score
Parents and teachers seem to complain about certain popular CN shows. They're worried that Chowder might encourage childhood obesity. And they think Codename, Kids Next Door might make kids want to rebel against their parents and elders. But I think it's good that CN is making cartoons like these just for fun and not worrying about being too PC.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Parents and teachers seem to complain about certain popular CN shows.
Parents and teachers complain about EVERYTHING but what actually matters. Saying that Chowder encouraging childhood obesity is as ridiculous as saying Cookie Monster does the same. They just want to discredit creators, writers, animators, as they have been since the beginning. How is Chowder's gluttony any different than Jake's (from 2 and a Half men) behavior. He isn't exactly the most appetizing kid you wanna eat food next to. I really think they should either start raising their own kids, or start building models or something... they have WAAAAAY too much free time than watching kid's cartoons and finding idiotic things to criticize them for.

And you know what you get when you have a PC cartoon? My Friend Rabbit. I defy you to find one kid that wants to watch that bland snoozefest over KND or Chowder.

Xerus

Reaction score
And you know what you get when you have a PC cartoon? My Friend Rabbit. I defy you to find one kid that wants to watch that bland snoozefest over KND or Chowder.
It makes me wonder if the parents who want these PC shows can actually sit down and watch that stuff with their kids.

Xerus

Reaction score
I think one of the most amazing moments in Chowder was when the characters ended up losing their animation money and they actually show the voice artists and they have a live action adventure. Something like that is hardly ever done in cartoons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOLigSw1jM

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think one of the most amazing moments in Chowder was when the characters ended up losing their animation money and they actually show the voice artists and they have a live action adventure. Something like that is hardly ever done in cartoons.
And just when you think the cleverness has been disappearing from animation, you see something just bizarrely wonderful like that. Brilliant. They really need to put these in season sets.