Eddie Deezen

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is the actor Eddie Deezen. You might’ve seen Eddie in movies like Grease and Midnight Madness. Eddie’s funny sounding voice was great for voicing cartoon characters like Mandark from Dexter’s Lab, Nacho the Cat from those Taco Bell commercials, and the voice of the Know it All Boy from the Polar Express

THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER TO THE RESCUE: Charlie
DARKWING DUCK: Mouth
DEXTER’S LAB: Mandark
DUCKMAN: Iggy Catalpa
FUSION FALL: Mandark
GOOF TROOP: Road Hogs Biker
JOHNNY BRAVO: Oswald
KENNY AND THE CHIMP: Ice Cream Guy
KIM POSSIBLE, SO THE DRAMA: Ned
LIFE WITH LOUIE: Melvin
LLOYD IN SPACE: Larry
THE MIGHTY DUCKS(ANIMATED): Alvin Yasbeck
MOTHER GOOSE AND GRIMM: Ham the Pig
OSWALD: Andy Pumpkin
THE POLAR EXPRESS: Know it All Boy
RECESS: Frank 'Tiny' Sedgwick
RICE KRISPIES COMMERCIALS: Pop(During the 1990’s)
ROCK-A-DOODLE: Snipes
SCOOBY-DOO IN ARABIAN NIGHTS: Caliph
SECRET FILES OF THE SPY DOGS: D’Cell
SESAME STREET PRESENTS, FOLLOW THAT BIRD: Voice of Donnie Dodo
TACO BELL COMMERCIALS: Nacho the Cat
TIMON AND PUMBAA: Bahuka
THE WEIRD AL SHOW: The Guy Boarded Up in the Wall
WHAT’S NEW SCOOBY-DOO?: Gibby Norton

Here’s Eddie’s webpage.

http://www.eddiedeezen.com/

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
This guy has a memorable voice. I was just watching Dexter's Lab on Boomerang yesterday and thinking about how annoying Mandark is. I always wish I could punch most of the character's he's voiced in the face.

It's so funny because everytime I watch Rock-A-Doodle or The Polar Express or anything I've heard with his voice I always think "There's Mandark!" Then I half expect to hear that Mandark laugh.

He defiantly got some annoying roles. But fun annoying roles.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
This guy has a memorable voice. I was just watching Dexter's Lab on Boomerang yesterday and thinking about how annoying Mandark is. I always wish I could punch most of the character's he's voiced in the face.

It's so funny because everytime I watch Rock-A-Doodle or The Polar Express or anything I've heard with his voice I always think "There's Mandark!" Then I half expect to hear that Mandark laugh.
I agree with you, he does have one of the more reconizable voices in the VA feild. I miss Dexter's Lab though. Mandark was actualy one of my favorite characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Hamm of Mother Goose and Grimmy was where I first discovered Eddie's unique voice. And I agree... Mandark is one of my favorite characters... especially that crush he has on DeeDee. The voice really sells that character.

You can see a breif cameo by Eddie in the beginning of the movie Spy Hard.... there's a scene in which someone says to the female lead, "You're the spitting image of your mother..." so she spits on Eddie who in turn says "You're taking this spitting imaging too literally, lady."

wiley207

Reaction score

He defiantly got some annoying roles. But fun annoying roles.
I DID find him annoying as the Caliph in "Scooby-Doo's Arabian Nights," but that whole movie was awful anyways (it was a rip-off of "Tiny Toon Adventures" and "Animaniacs," IMHO), and I remember when Gibby Norton showed up in an episode of "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" I was checking out, I instantly thought "Hey that's Mandark's voice!" Same as when I saw some of "The Polar Express."