Fraggle Rock Complete Series for $58

matleo

Reaction score
I thought about ordering it but the reviews on the lousy packaging turn me off. I'm holding out hope that they'll still release season 4 independently.

Even at $60 that's more then I want to spend.

:smirk:

--Matt

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hm .... now I'm wembling ... that's an awfully good price ... even for a substandard set. And yet, there's the principle of the thing. But there were some vids I wanted to do with season 4 clips.

:coy: AARGH!

EDIT: Okay, I finally "caved".

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought about ordering it but the reviews on the lousy packaging turn me off. I'm holding out hope that they'll still release season 4 independently.
There may not be a seperate Season 4 release at this point. It appears HIT will let Henson's five-year contract expire at the end of March and may not renew the deal after then. A new DVD distributor may or may not release classic Fraggle episodes now that the market has been saturated with them.

Andibcool

Reaction score
Yeah i saw that yesterday too on an ad here in the forums.

I think i will order it because in germany you will only get season 1 with bad picture quality for the same price. The only bad thing is the german series were a little different to the US ones :/.

Oh for all ppl that look for fraggle season 4 try www.ezydvd.com.au they also have the animated series.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, I put this on my birthday wishlist even though I told myself I'd never buy it :/ Hope it stays at that price long enough for someone to get it for me XD

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I told myself I'd never buy it either, particularly after all the bad reviews (now, I can live with no character images and such ... it was the scratched disc thing that really irritated me). But 58 bucks is a steal, since I'd probably pay that amount for just the last season, if it ever came out.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
AWESOME! A steal indeed, I wonder why with the big price cut? Hmm. Oh well! Their loss is my great gain.

I hadn't planned on picking up this set either, but now I can sell the first 3 seasons on eBay for at least $20 each, and the whole set will be paid for! YAY! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... There were subtle hints that made me hopeful a possible stand-alone Season 4 release might come down the road, potentially this year or the next. Now we know that won't happen under the current contractual countdown on the clock between Hit/Lionsgate and Henson. Which explains the "why" of the complete series set. But uh Phil... Didn't Henson go out and create a new partnership with Brandolutions (now Brandolutions JHC) giving them access to FR? The article where this was reported mentioned that FR would be key to Brandolutions JHC's new deal, and there were new movie and TV projects in the works. Hmm, we might have to getGelfling on the case. :search: :smirk: