Songs of Fragglia (An FR Lexicon)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Author's before-I get-done-editing -anything-to-post-here-note:

This is sort of my version of a pretend Encyclopedia Fragglia. I was going to call it Encyclopedia Fragglia, but then I realized 1) New members might mix it up with the real one. 2)This is written from an all knowing human (silly creature) pov and it would be silly (hee) to have a title of a canon fraggle book written by fraggles for fraggles share its name and 3) This is an ongoing collection of the little details from my version of the Fraggle Rock universe as I see them only and the real EF is about..well, not made up things :excited:

Just a note, these are my ideas that I have been collecting in the background as I write that I decided to share because I went a little crazy and saw/gave my fanworld more detail than I may or may not ever use, so if you don't want anything 'ruined' you might not want to read it. Still, it is more detail than I will most likely ever get around to 'showing' (At least in a simple easy to understand way like here "What was wrong with Wembley anyway?" ) so it might be worth your time if you like my version of FR at all :excited:.

I'm very sorry for the lack of any actual entries yet, I will have some ready by tomorrow. They are all in a single text file I keep tucked away. I hope a topic like this is allowed, thank you so much for your time! :3

Redsonga

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock :

A land of many caves, lakes, rivers, and natural underground spans of ocean waters. The rock that lower cave (Rock) fraggles call 'Fraggle Rock' is actually one of countless others, all interlinked, and all known by the race that lives there as the 'only' Fraggle Rock and center of their own universe and life (and when spoken of, it is assumed that a visitor is talking about their own rock). The only exception to this rule is the home of the (ocean) fraggles known as Merggles, whose homes of open water are supported by a 'Tree Of Life' on a small 'life island'. This tree is often a form of what we know as a Banyan.
While supporting over 10,000 Fragglius at any one time, because the lands and waters of Fraggle Rock span the entire underground length of what we humans know as Earth, many fraggle races live their whole lifes without ever knowing of their far away (or near) cousins. On the other hand pure wishes or force of will can make travel that would take months or years in our world only last weeks, days, or less with the help of magic. This magic also serves as natural protection from many human actions.
While there are countless fraggle tribes, the main (6) sub-genus of Ornithorhynchus Fragglius are:

Fraggle (rock)
Solggle (sun)
Ripaggle (river)
Merggle (ocean)
īsggle (snow)
Vindrggle(wind)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Vindrggle (The wind fraggles)

Motto:
"A stranger is a forgotten friend."

Other Fraggles' Comments on the Vindrggles:
"Never did see 'em jump off a cliff, wouldn't surprise me though."

Main western rock clan: Mosscover
Clan Sizes: Small (50-75)
Under: Scattered areas of the northern US, Florida, central Brazil, and Mongolia.
Height: Medium to tall
Muzzle: Pointed
Swimming: Liked, but not needed
Talent: Collecting shiny objects that drop from the human world.

One of the many lesser known types of the fraggle the Vindrggle are easy to spot by fur of varying shades of green and feather like hair and tail tuffs. Their main settlement nearest to lower rock is know as Mosscover and is a favorite to all traveling fraggles due to the Vindrggles' well known hospitality.
The Vindrggle love trees, and are one of the few fraggle types to not use natural structures in their settlements, making their cozy dome like homes out of riverbed clay among the bases of oak and willows.
No one knows for sure if the Vindrggles' feather hair grows as it does because they once could fly or only because they wished to very hard, but the race is well know for collecting real feathers from birds and weaving them into long sleeved capes they wear daily on their backs. It is said that some of their most secret of festivals involve jumping off a high cliff or three, but this has never been observed first hand.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I really like the idea of elemental Fraggles.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ah, this is very interesting! I wonder, will you be including the cave fraggles from Fraggle Wars in this? I haven't seen Mokey Then and Now yet in my adult life, but from what I've heard, it seems that the cave fraggles of Fraggle Wars behave much like the ancient fraggles, in terms of being kind of drab and militant. So perhaps they're an offshoot ultra-conservative malicia-type group that's really a clan of one of the other types of fraggles you're mentioning, and really too small to warrent their own entry?

Can't wait to read more!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That was my thought about the Cave Fraggles as well. :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ah, this is very interesting! I wonder, will you be including the cave fraggles from Fraggle Wars in this? I haven't seen Mokey Then and Now yet in my adult life, but from what I've heard, it seems that the cave fraggles of Fraggle Wars behave much like the ancient fraggles, in terms of being kind of drab and militant. So perhaps they're an offshoot ultra-conservative malicia-type group that's really a clan of one of the other types of fraggles you're mentioning, and really too small to warrent their own entry?

Can't wait to read more!
They are everyday (rock) Fraggles..in fact they are pretty much as rocky as they come :coy: You will see my overall two cents on that after I do all the types :smile:, as well as the difference between clans and tribes:excited:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ah, so our fraggles are a bunch of rebels? I knew it, lol!
:smirk:
:coy:
:excited:

Redsonga

Reaction score
īsggle (The Snow fraggles)
Motto:
"Anything worth doing is worth doing three times."

Other Fraggles' Comments on the īsggle:
"What did we ever do before we had ten words for dirt?"

Main northern rock clan: Unknown
Clan Sizes: Unknown
Under (historically): Areas of Finland, Norway, Germany, and the upper north of Russia.
Height: Short
Muzzle: Rounded
Swimming: Disliked, although enjoys water in its' frozen form.
Talent: Knowledge

The history of the īsggle is one that has been lost mostly through time and a sad history of mass illness. Although no one quite knows what happened, a population of many clans numbering each in the thousands is now only one single handful, with many of those just barely getting by. The trademark of this race, besides their short height (the smallest of all fraggles) and their brightly colored long hair (which serves as both a snow shield for their sensitive eyes, and natural camouflage) is a thicker fur coat than all other fraggles, making clothing of little use to them even in the coldest climates. Specially developed pads on the soles of their feet also make walking on ice an easy and fun actitivity and lead to their native love of 'ice dancing'.
But unlike all other fraggles the īsggles first love is knowing things, and anything with words or a melody or a method of doing is quickly snapped up by their edger minds. Always working twice as hard at everything they do, even if whatever needs doing seems unimportant, is their own brand of silliness. While each īsggle is good at one or two things as a rule, what their kind as a whole brought into all of the Fraggle Rocks of the word ages ago was thousands upon thousands of human words. Because the īsggles main drive was to know more than to understand however, many of those words lost their meanings as they are known to us and came to mean something very different in the fraggles world. The words that did not change at all however were those of illnesses, germs, and viruses, which the īsggle grew to know very well under very bad terms. The magical documents that contain this history, long held by the oldest members of the once main clan are known as the Book of the Venerated Cough (a dictionary of diseases) and The Book of the Humble Sneeze (a collection of records of illnesses and deaths). For this reason the few remaining īsggle are not well known for being happy, even when they are.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Sounds like Boober to me. Enjoying seeing this develop, please post more when you can. *Boober Sigh smilie.