R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein

CBPuppets

Reaction score
For all of you pokemon, Yugioh, and Kirby Fans out there, I am truely sorry for the loss for Maddie Blaustein. She was one of the good ones who gave life to characters like Meowth and Chef Kawasaki. she will be missed.

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

After hearing about how Maddie Blaustein died a few days ago, I decided to honor her by making her today’s V/A focus. Maddie was really famous for doing the first voice of Meowth on Pokemon. Maddie was also great at voicing a lot of male characters for dubbed anime. I never knew that was a girl doing those voices when I first heard characters like Meowth and Solomon Moto speak. May you rest in peace Maddie and may your voice talents be remembered. :cry:

CUBIX: Dr. K
CUTIE HONEY: Sister Jill
DINOSAUR KING: Helga, Dr. Drake
EL TIGRE: Garina/Senora Siniestra
F-ZERO, GP LEGEND: Dr. Clash
FIGHTING FOODONS: Burnt Meatballs, Oslo
GOKUSEN: Tetsu Asakura
JUNGLE EMPEROR LEO: Mother
KIRBY, RIGHT BACK AT YA!: Chef Kawasaki, Tuggle, Mehlman, Waddle-Doo, Biblio, Additional voices
ONE PIECE: Dr. Kureha
PHOENIX: Yumihiko
POKEMON: Meowth(first voice). Corphish, Torkoal, Farfetch’d, Lt. Surge, Additional voices
SAMURAI DEEPER KYO: Migeira
SHADOW HEARTS: Margarete G. Zelle
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG: The President
SLAYERS: Jillas
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: E-123 Omega
SONIC RIDERS: E-10000R, E-10000G, Babylon Guardian
SONIC X: Additional voices
ULTIMATE MUSCLE, THE KINNIKUMAN LEGACY: Wally Tusket, Mrs. Tusket, Dorothy Tusket, Comrade Turbinski, Lord Flash, Warsman, Buster Crab
VALKYRIE PROFILE: Arngrim, Barbarossa, Lawfer, Lezard Valeth
VIVA PINATA: Corinna
YU-GI-OH!: Solomon Moto, Shimon Muran
YU-GI-OH! CAPSULE MONSTERS: Solomon Moto
YU-GI-OH! GX: Sartorius, Additional voices

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Xerus - Just a little correction, I don't think Maddie Blaustein was the first voice of Meowth. I believe someone else voiced him for the first thirty episodes or so.

Meowth and Jillas have always been two of my favorite anime characters. Upon hearing that Maddie Blaustein passed away, my heart sunk. I had the oppertunity to chat with her on AIM or some other chat engine several years ago and it really seems surreal that she has passed on. She'll be severely missed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ULTIMATE MUSCLE, THE KINNIKUMAN LEGACY: Wally Tusket, Mrs. Tusket, Dorothy Tusket, Comrade Turbinski, Lord Flash, Warsman, Buster Crab
Now THAT's my JAM! You'd think I would have known all them dudes were voiced by a woman.... I am the resident Kinniku-expert after all. And Wally and Warsman are my boys! Now I really am sad about this... :embarrassed: She was taken too young. And what a voice she had.

Plus Kawasaki was one of my favorites too.

Xerus

Reaction score
Xerus - Just a little correction, I don't think Maddie Blaustein was the first voice of Meowth. I believe someone else voiced him for the first thirty episodes or so.
You were right, I did some research and I found out Nathan Price first voiced Meowth in 30 episodes and then Maddie came second. Sorry about the misinformation earlier.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Then Jimmy Zoppi AKA Billy Beach took over when Pokemon Battle Frontier started....not that it matters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And on the subject of corrections, Warsman and Lord Flash were (I'm posting this as a spoiler, but then again, I'm the only one that cares about it enough) The same person.

to see what I mean.

Seems she did more for Ultimate Muscle than any of the others... she was the entire Tuskett family, for one.

Xerus

Reaction score
I heard a rumor about the Australian cartoon Animalia being dubbed with American voice actors. And Maddie will be voicing the toucans. They said it would be her final voice acting.

SillyRed

Reaction score
She sounded male, most old females sound like males.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Well, She was Male at one stage. She was a Transsexual Male to Female. Hence, her ability to do masculine Voices. No offense Intended to her, of course.