Spaceballs voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today's V/A focus is Spaceballs the Animated series, which is now airing Sundays on the G4 Channel. The show has the same kind of Mel Brooks type humor just like the original Spaceballs movie did. Only Mel Brooks, Daphne Zuniga, and Joan Rivers returned to perform their original characters while the others needed replacement voices.

MEL BROOKS: President Skroob, Yogurt
DEE BRADLEY BAKER: Dark Helmet
RINO ROMANO: Lone Starr
TINO INSANA: Barf
DAPHNE ZUNIGA: Princess Vespa
JOAN RIVERS: Dot Matrix

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit, I like the show from the one episode I saw... I just wish that they used something beside adult swim looking Flash animation...

And Dee Bradley does a pretty close approximation of Rick Morannis's voice... don't know why they didn't go with him... but certainly a little closer than Roger Bumpass when he was playing Rick Morannis's part in the Ghostbusters cartoon.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I agree with Drtooth. The show itself is good, but the animation is pretty bad.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I have to admit, I like the show from the one episode I saw... I just wish that they used something beside adult swim looking Flash animation...
There is one show on adult swim who's name escapes me at the moment and has really good animation despite it being flash. Man! I wish I knew the name of it!

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is one show on adult swim who's name escapes me at the moment and has really good animation despite it being flash. Man! I wish I knew the name of it!
Would it be Harvey Birdman? it looks like it's done in flash, but they don't just cut corners and motion tween everything. I saw the last episode last night, and it had amazing animation... like a regular cartoon.

Aqua Teen has very stilted animation, and I think it's done primarily in After Effects. I like the style of it, though...

I'm being hypocritical, since when I did flash I used LOTS of motion tweens (in case you don't know what that is, it's basically rotating or moving a part of something without redrawing it). But then again, that was because I was one guy and had a month to do a bunch of projects.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I just DVR'd a couple episodes of this and was curious if anyone besides Mel Brooks came back to do this. I only watched two minutes to get a preview of it, but the animation was so bad, I had difficulty listening to the dialogue! Obviously I'll give it more of a chance when I really sit down and watch it, but first impressions weren't good.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Joan Rivers and Daphne Zuniga returned to do it.

xochval15

Reaction score
I must say the cartoon in Geunius! Why didn't they think of this earlier.