Draw Your Gonzo! An Unofficial GonzoFest

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just saw the underwhelming version of Gonzo drawn by new Muppet comic book artist Langridge reported on the Muppet Newsflash. (Click here, he's in the O)

I wanted to see how many artists here would interpret the character. Please feel free to post drawings past and present and even puppets and sculpts here. I think a Gonzo fest is just what's needed. Also feel free to post links to Gonzo images that you didn't create but find attractive or interesting.

I will draw some newer Gonzo stuff when time permits, but here's a past Valentine I have posted before to get things going.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Rowlf looks like a Koala Bear! :sympathy:

I actually think his Gonzo wasn't too bad, nose is a little too sharp and "beak-y" for me, but I like the expression.

I've drawn some cartoony Muppets before, but they usually look closer to the actual puppets, unless I go REAL cartoon style.

Might hafta submit some stuff... oh! And I've always loved your style Jamie, lookin' good.
:smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Here's a Gonzo that I drew. I've drawn better Gonzo's, but this is him in a comic strip setting.

Link at the Movies

I still have to finish that Gonzo comic I was telling you about, Jamie (and you have to finish yours :stick_out_tongue:)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'll be uploading some stuff either tomorrow or Friday. This will be fun. Nice work Super Scooter and Colbynfriends!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh, these are making me so happy. Still working on a design I like. I have considered trying to draw a compromise of the weirdo in the Langridge style. :concern:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Frogboy is already very familiar with this one (and has helped me out more than words can say) but this is a Gonzo that is part of a MUCH larger picture that I am in the very early stages of doing...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/3046760758/

Not really an interpretation but a 100% original illustration done in Photoshop from numerous reference shots.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I wish I knew how to use my dang photoshop! Ha ha, oh well.

Cool pics everybody! Keep 'em comin'.