Kathleen Freeman

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is the late Kathleen Freeman. She was an actress who starred in a lot of movies and TV shows and did some voicework as well. I liked her performance on Married With Children as Peg’s unseen mother who’s always shouting from upstairs. Sadly, Kathleen died from lung cancer in 2001. May you RIP, Kathleen. -_-;;

AS TOLD BY GINGER: Mrs. Gordon
BATMAN BEYOND: Ma Mayhem
THE CANTERVILLE GHOST: Mrs. Umney
CARPOOL: Voice of Franklin’s Mom
CHIP N’ DALE’S RESCUE RANGERS: Ma the Diner Owner
THE CURSE OF MONKEY ISLAND: Madame Xima
DETENTION: Miss Kisskillya
DUCKMAN: Nurse
DUCKTALES: Mrs. Crackshell
FERNGULLY, THE LAST RAINFOREST: Elder 1
HERCULES(DISNEY MOVIE): Heavyset Woman
LITTLE NEMO, ADVENTURES IN SLUMBERLAND: Dance Teacher
MARRIED WITH CHILDREN: Voice of Peg’s Mother
THE REAL ADVENTURES OF JOHNNY QUEST: Mrs. Evans
SHREK: Old Woman
SNORKS: Nurse Rockbottom

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Two more credits to add... one confirmed, one I'm not 100% sure about...

1. In the Cow and Chicken segment, "Sumo Cow", Kathleen played Greta, the school's really buff and manly (possibly lesbo) nurse who gives all the kids their diapies, and in the end, bans Cow from wrestling after finding Bovine Growth Hormones cereal in Cow's milk sample.

2. Now, I'm not sure about this, but I THINK she provided the voice of Miss Grudge in "The Chipette Story" from Alvin and The Chipmunks; it kind of SOUND likes her, but I'm not sure because of the Australian accent, but then again, I heard Kathleen made some guest appearances on Hogan's Heroes, which I'm sure she had to use a German accent for, so maybe she pulled off an Australian accent as well.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
She was hilarious as Mrs. Crackshell! She quacks me up! :zany:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Jerry Lewis used Kathleen as his comedic foil in several of his comedies.

I had no idea she played Peg Bundy's unseen mother though!:cool:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I didn't realize she died! She was always fantastic with Jerry Lewis, a perfect match. Jerry tells a story of having to re-write one of her scenes shortly before they had to film it. He knew it would be difficult to pull off on such short notice... but she nailed it perfectly in one take! What a great actress. I really liked her in Blues Brothers, as well.

Xerus

Reaction score
Two more credits to add... one confirmed, one I'm not 100% sure about...

1. In the Cow and Chicken segment, "Sumo Cow", Kathleen played Greta, the school's really buff and manly (possibly lesbo) nurse who gives all the kids their diapies, and in the end, bans Cow from wrestling after finding Bovine Growth Hormones cereal in Cow's milk sample.

2. Now, I'm not sure about this, but I THINK she provided the voice of Miss Grudge in "The Chipette Story" from Alvin and The Chipmunks; it kind of SOUND likes her, but I'm not sure because of the Australian accent, but then again, I heard Kathleen made some guest appearances on Hogan's Heroes, which I'm sure she had to use a German accent for, so maybe she pulled off an Australian accent as well.
I remember that Chipette Story you mentioned, but I don't remember Miss. Grudge's voice though. And thank you for mentioning Kathleen's performance as a nurse on Cow and Chicken. Kathleen Freeman sure seemed to have voiced quite a few nurses.