Howard Morris

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Princeton requested that I make the late Howard Morris today’s V/A focus. Howard, or sometimes credited as Howie Morris, was a great actor in the old days. He was well known for his role as Ernest T. Bass from The Andy Griffith Show. Howard was a really talented voice artist where he did voices for Hanna-Barbera like Mush Mouse and Mr. Peebles and also for Filmation where he voiced Jughead and some of the Groovie Goolies. I think my favorite character of his was Wade Duck from Garfield and Friends. I thought Wade was his funniest character. In the 80’s, Howie became a voice director where he directed voices for cartoons like the Mighty Orbots, Bionic Six, Galaxy High and the animated Police Academy. Sadly, Howie had passed away in 2005 at the age of 85. Farewell, Mr. Howard Morris. I’ll always remember your talents. :cry:

THE ADVENTURES OF RONALD McDONALD, McTREASURE ISLAND: Ben Gun
ALICE IN WONDERLAND(HANNA-BARBERA): The White Rabbit
ARCHIES(FILMATION SERIES): Jughead, Big Moose, Dilton, Hot Dog, Pops
ATOM ANT: Atom Ant(first voice)
BANANA SPLITS IN HOCUS/POCUS PARK: Hocus, Pocus
BEETLE BAILEY: Beetle Bailey, General Halftrack, Lt. Fuzz
BIONIC SIX: Dr. Hugo Fish, Techno Tex
BREEZLY AND SNEEZLY: Breezly Bruin
BUNNICULA: Chester, Hank, Stockboy
CHIP 'N' DALE RESCUE RANGERS: Matlese Le Sade
COW AND CHICKEN: Flem
DECK THE HALLS WITH WACKY WALLS: Crazy Legs
DUCKMAN: Ernest T. Glob
DUCKTALES: Djini, Dr. Von Geezer, Dr. Von Swine
THE FAMOUS ADVENTURES OF MR. MAGOO: Flattop
THE FLINTSTONES: Jethro Hatrock, Weirdly Gruesome
THE FLINTSTONES CHRISTMAS CAROL: Old Joe, Tuba
GALAXY HIGH SCHOOL: Prof. Icenstein, Luigi
GARFIELD AND FRIENDS: Wade, Wart
THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND: Mr. Peebles, Chuckling Chipmunk, Gold Miner, Governor, Dentist
GROOVIE GOOLIES: Frankie, Wolfie, Mummy, Dr. Jekyll and Hyde, Hauntleroy
GUMMI BEARS: Sir Ponch
HOLLYROCK-A-BYE BABY: Bird
I.M. WEASEL: Flem
THE JETSONS: Grandpa Jetson, Harlan, Jet Screamer
MAGILLA GORILLA: Mr. Peebles
McDONALD'S COMMERCIALS: Hamburglar(first voice)
MISSION, MAGIC: Vinnie, Socks, Mr. Samuels
PAW PAWS: Trembly Paw
POLICE ACADEMY(ANIMATED): Sweetchuck, The Professor
PUNKIN PUSS AND MUSHMOUSE: Mushmouse
THE SECRET LIVES OF WALDO KITTY: Waldo Kitty
SESAME STREET: Jughead
STAR FAIRIES: Dragon Head 1
TALESPIN: King Amok, Old Mail Clerk, Mazuma Contest Clerk
THE 13 GHOSTS OF SCOOBY DOO: Bogel
TOM AND JERRY, THE MOVIE: Squawk
WINNIE THE POOH: Gopher(first voice)
YO YOGI!: Murray

Super Scooter

Reaction score
In addition to his cartoons, he he played some hillarious parts in The Nutty Professor with Jerry Lewis, High Anxiety with Mel Brooks, and in an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show. He was also a director on Dick Van Dyke.

Great list for Howard Morris! He's one of my favorites. I think he's in my top five favorite voice artists.

Howard Morris on Muppet Wiki.

Xerus

Reaction score
In addition to his cartoons, he he played some hillarious parts in The Nutty Professor with Jerry Lewis, High Anxiety with Mel Brooks, and in an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show. He was also a director on Dick Van Dyke.

Great list for Howard Morris! He's one of my favorites. I think he's in my top five favorite voice artists.

Howard Morris on Muppet Wiki.
Thank you and thanks for the Muppet Wiki link. :smile: I didn't know he was also the original voice of the Hamburglar. Yes, Howie's a very talented guy. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey X? Didn't you already do a Howard Morris V/A focus?

Anyshoe, Howard also directed for a lot of classic sitcoms as well, including The Andy Griffith Show, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Hogan's Heroes, and others.

BTW, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm positive that Howard also served as a radio announcer voice-over on The Andy Griffith Show; a lot of time when they listen to the radio and a bulletin comes over, it almost sounds like a deadpan, more serious version of Ernest T. Bass.

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey X? Didn't you already do a Howard Morris V/A focus?

Anyshoe, Howard also directed for a lot of classic sitcoms as well, including The Andy Griffith Show, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Hogan's Heroes, and others.

BTW, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm positive that Howard also served as a radio announcer voice-over on The Andy Griffith Show; a lot of time when they listen to the radio and a bulletin comes over, it almost sounds like a deadpan, more serious version of Ernest T. Bass.
No, I don't think I ever did a Howard Morris V/A focus. But there was a report on these forums a couple of years ago announcing Howard's passing.

I'll have to watch those Andy Griffith episodes to see if I can hear Howard's voice on the radio.

Anyway, I also want to mention a few more characters I found out Howard had voiced but forgot to mention.

MOTHER GOOSE AND GRIMM: Dr. Gleep
MY FAVORITE MARTIANS: Tim O'Hara, Bill Brennan, Tiny, Crumbs, Chump, Okey
THE WILD THORNBERRYS' XMAS SPECIAL: Lion

Xerus

Reaction score
One thing I noticed and liked about Howie's characters was that when characters like Jughead or Wade used the word, ANSWER, they'd actually pronounce the W sound in the word, not realizing that the W is silent in answer. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I noticed and liked about Howie's characters was that when characters like Jughead or Wade used the word, ANSWER, they'd actually pronounce the W sound in the word, not realizing that the W is silent in answer. :smile:
Ernest T. Bass is the same way... notice how he pronounces the T in words like "creature" and "listen"... I wonder if that must be Howard's natural speech pattern or something?