Seriously though, can we have our punctuation back?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sure the war, the streaking, and the picketting have been fun...but we'd like some recognition and some change now. It's a serious question, can it be taken up my mods or Phil? We'd like the Exclaimation mark and Question mark rule removed. Is that possible? And can we see it happen please?

Beau

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just started a thread to get moderators' thoughts... It's in their hands now Bo. That's the best I can do.
:sleep:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:confused: I wonder if there can be a limit to the number of sequentially placed ! and ? marks like is already in place with the 3 ... period marks?

I do know that when we first had smilies they would overtake posts. I enjoy using them too, of course. Eventually they had to be limited to three per post. I usually use up all three in mine. If the bar were pushed to four or five it is very likely I would use more. The rationing is important, but the ! and the ? together or three in a row aren't permitted.

:eek: I cast a vote for:

the classic - ! ? and ? !
three - ? ? ?
three - ! ! !
three - ! ? ! (and its variations)

(all without spaces between, of course)

:coy: Anything more than this would be overkill. It's a nice middle ground. I have no real power here, but lend my support.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Anything more than this would be overkill. It's a nice middle ground. I have no real power here, but lend my support.
I completely agree Jamie, that's all we really want. :smirk:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That's very well thought out of you, Jamie; Thank you for actually taking this request seriously and thinking about it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I suppose my support goes to having up to, but not over, three punctuation marks in a row. It just seems right. :smile:

My post was wordier than it needed to be (as usual). :wink: