Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop is planning to release a brand new book that gives an inside look at the history of Sesame Street. "Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years of Life on the Street" by Louise Gikow will give an insider's look at the development, evolution, characters and creators of Sesame Street. The 256-page hardcover book will be released by Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers on November 1, 2008.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Is this the same release previously reportedly titled Street Gang? Or are you saying there will now be two distinctly different books printed and released commemorating SST's 40th, giving us BTS information on all or most of those forty years?

BTW: Thanks for the info Greg. You do a :super: job with the News Flash.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
So... Is this the same release previously reportedly titled Street Gang? Or are you saying there will now be two distinctly different books printed and released commemorating SST's 40th, giving us BTS information on all or most of those forty years?
I'm saying there will be two books.... That's right folks, two new books!

"Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years of Life on the Street" by Louise Gikow will be released on November 1, 2008. The 256-page hardcover book will be released by Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers. (pre-order on Amazon)

"Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street" by Michael Davis will be released on December 26, 2008. The 384-page hardcover book will be released by Viking Press. (pre-order on Amazon)

Woo-hoo! Two new books! :excited:

BEAR

Reaction score
So what's the difference between the two?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This really is so awesome! I can't wait to read them both!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Reads... Thanks Greg. Wait a sec! Street Gang's written by Michael Davis? THE Michael "Earl" Davis who's here as a forum member? Not sure if that's right, but if it is, whoa... Man.

:halo: Whoa-Man!
No Animal, settle.
:halo: Sah-rree.
Salright.

:excited:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Street Gang's written by Michael Davis? THE Michael "Earl" Davis who's here as a forum member? Not sure if that's right, but if it is, whoa... Man.
No, "Street Gang" is written by Michael J. Davis, former editor of TV Guide; not Michael Earl Davis, former Sesame Street puppeteer.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Okay then. Guess I stepped on his J, though I hear many people have stepped on their J's all the time.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WOW! That's quite incredible, two new in-depth Sesame books by the end of the year! I know what I'll be asking for for Christmas! :wisdom:

BEAR

Reaction score
I MUST have these books! This is something I've been waiting for ever since the Unpaved book. I wonder how much they will cost. Still, does anyone know the difference between the two books. I mean, they must be somewhat different, otherwise why would there be two similar books released at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.