Pizza hut is now pasta hut!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
To be competitive they probably are going to start serving pasta. The name change? Well, if they've truly been in business for over 50 years that's a bad idea. Personally I don't eat much of either because both pizza and pasta turn me into a narcoleptic within 30 minutes. Still, it's good to see they're offering more options. Maybe they'll upgrade their salads and possibly have a healthy spinach pasta option? I'm not holding my breath. :scary:

The commercial reminds me of what Jack in the Box did when they first got rid of (and blew up) the clown and then years later updated him with the Jack’s Back campaign. Worked for them. I used to love the Box back in my early 20s (as a student and non-vegetarian). Their Sourdough Jacks and curly fries got me through many late night study sessions. :wisdom:

Back to the Hut. It’s not much of a change, but still…I will always call it Pizza Hut. Will they be making the pasta fresh or do they just reheat it out of a container? Having some Invader Zim visuals here. McMeaties! Obey the meat…er…pasta! :insatiable:

kermiegirl

Reaction score
WHAT? PIZZA HUT IS NOW PASTA HUT? I'LL GO CRAZY WITHOUT MY PIZZA!
*runs around in a circle screaming like a maniac*
AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
*stops running and pants really hard*
Someone pinch me I must be dreaming!
But seriously though, I guess it would be nice to have a Pasta Hut. I really do like Pizza Hut, but I'm not completely sure that PaH will be a separate chain for PH or that they are just changing their name. I am a HUGE pasta/pizza lover and I REALLY like the pastas they serve at their Saturday lunch buffets. We'll have to see what happens.

furryredmonster

Reaction score
I highly doubt they would change names-- unless it were just a seperate chain. =/ Pizza Hut is known for their pizza... they wouldn't change their name.

And this isn't an April Fools joke?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It's no joke, I read an article on this last week. They've created two pasta dishes that they'll be selling along side of their classic pizza. They wanted to do something no other pizza chain currently does. The pasta is baked and delivered in the same "oven style bag" that the pizza comes in. I don't think they plan on really changing their name anytime soon though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's no joke, I read an article on this last week. They've created two pasta dishes that they'll be selling along side of their classic pizza. They wanted to do something no other pizza chain currently does. The pasta is baked and delivered in the same "oven style bag" that the pizza comes in. I don't think they plan on really changing their name anytime soon though.
Oh yuck, not BAKED pasta... it comes out all tough, and rubbery, and its like trying to eat latex gloves.

Skye

Reaction score
Oh, I agree... baked pasta doesn't sound too appealing! And I also agree with Jamie that after all these years, changing their name at all would be a pretty weird move. Not sure that's the best idea. I'd really miss it being called Pizza Hut! As long as they'll still be selling pizza, just keep the name forever, lol, and advertise the new pasta.

But this is quite an idea of theirs. It'll be interesting to see how it works and how people will respond!

Thank you for posting this news, William! It's so cool to know about it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, reminds me of several years ago when I was reading the paper something about a McDonald's restaurant changing its name to "Diner Insider", they even had a photo of the new sign: it still had the golden arches and everything, but it read "Diner Insider" instead of "McDonald's", and I was, like, freaking out!

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, now that would be really weird! I think I'd be freaking out, too!

But of course, when a company's had success for so long, messing too much with things can be a bad idea. But, it's always cool that they're willing to take a chance, though.