Here Comes Peter Cottontail V/A

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Since Easter time is coming, I'm making that classic Rankin/Bass special, Here Comes Peter Cottontail, my next V/A focus. This was a wonderful Easter stop motion cartoon about an Easter Bunny named Peter who has to deliver eggs to win a contest or else an evil rabbit will be the new Chief Easter Bunny, and Peter ends up traveling through the holidays to try to win. The narrator of this R/B special was the late Danny Kaye and it also features the voices of Casey Kasem and the late Vincent Price.

DANNY KAYE: Seymour S. Sassafrass, Col. Bunny, Antoine
CASEY KASEM: Peter Cottontail
VINCENT PRICE: Irontail
PAUL FREES: Santa Claus, Rabbit Lacky, additional voices
JOAN GARDNER: Bonnie Bonnet, Madame Esmeralda, additional voices
IRIS RAINER: Donna
GREG THOMAS: Kids' voices
JEFF THOMAS: Kids' voices

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't think I remember this special, but it sounds interesting!

Xerus

Reaction score
I don't think I remember this special, but it sounds interesting!
I just wanted to tell you, Ilikemuppets, that if you want to check this special out, there are two specials with the same name.

The first is the original stop-motion Rankin/Bass film, Here Comes Peter Cottontail.

The second is a DVD sequel called Here Comes Peter Cottontail the Movie, that was made a couple of years ago. This was made by Sony and not Rankin/Bass and it's a CGI animated movie. And it features a different voice cast for the characters. Tom Kenny was Peter Cottontail, his son Junior, and Antione. Christopher Lloyd voiced Seymour S. Sassafrass and Roger Moore voiced Irontail.