Abbreviations that Annoy You

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not talking about strictly internet talk, but rather abbreviations that have been used in everyday life that after a while just get on your nerves.

For me, the two abbreviations that annoy me the most are "sammies" and "preggers".

A sandwich is a sandwich is a sandwich... I can understand us southern folk pronouncing them as "sammiches", but "sammies"? That's a proper NAME!

And when some over-rated air head of a celebrity is going to have a baby, everybody's "OHMIGOSH! SHE'S PREGGERS!" "Preggers"? That sounds like it should some kind of a bad snack food rather than refering to a celebrity whose pregnant.

What about you guys?

furryredmonster

Reaction score
I've never heard anyone refer to a sandwhich as a 'sammies'. =/ That'd probably get on my nerves though. But the 'preggers' thing doesn't really bother me.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yuck-o! Any, I have to agree with the term preggers and I really can't stand that one, either. I just want to "staggers" anyone who use that term.:rolleyes:

But I can't stand anything from Internet/E-mail/Text messaging or any of this stuff.:stick_out_tongue:

Skye

Reaction score
But I can't stand anything from Internet/E-mail/Text messaging or any of this stuff. :stick_out_tongue:
Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Preggers bothers me a little bit, I guess. It sounds kinda stupid, lol. And I've actually never heard anyone call a sandwich a "sammie," either... that's a weird one.

But no abbreviations annoy me more than all those Internet abbreviations that are out there, lol. Ahhhhh! That is what drives me craziest! :crazy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ooooooooooooooohhhhhh! So that what that is... Yeah! That's exactly what I mean...:stick_out_tongue:

And just like you feel about current daylight savings time... I Ain't doing it. But that's just my personal choice, though.