Winnie the Pooh voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today's V/A focus is that famous stuffed bear, Winnie the Pooh. Disney has made so many Winnie the Pooh films, movies, specials, TV series, and video games that it's hard to name them all. So I made a list of each character and who did their voices over the years.

WINNIE THE POOH: Sterling Holloway, Hal Smith, Jim Cummings

TIGGER: Paul Winchell, Will Ryan(substitute voice), Jim Cummings

PIGLET: John Fiedler, Phil Baron(substitute voice), Jeff Bennett(singing voice), Travis Oates

RABBIT: Junius Matthews, Will Ryan, Ken Samson

EEYORE: Ralph Wright, Ron Gans, Peter Cullen, Gregg Berger

OWL: Hal Smith, Andre Stojka

GOPHER: Howard Morris, Michael Gough

KANGA: Barbara Luddy, Julie McWhirter Dees, Patty Parris, Kath Soucie, Tress MacNeille

ROO: Clint Howard, Dori Whitaker, Dick Billingsley, Kim Christianson, Nicholas Melody, Jerome Beidler, Nikita Hopkins, Thomas Delauney, Jimmy Bennett, Max Burkholder

CHRISTOPHER ROBIN: Bruce Reitherman, John Walmsley, Timothy Turner, Kim Christianson, Tim Hoskins, Edan Gross, Brady Bluhm, Frankie J. Galasso(singing voice), Tom Attenborough, Paul Teisler, Tom Wheatley, Struan Erlenborn

NARRATOR: Sebastian Cabot, Laurie Main, John Rhys-Davies, David Warner, John Hurt, Roger Jackson, Bob Joles, David Ogden Stiers

These were some new characters that were added to the later Pooh movies, series, and specials.

CHRISTOPHER ROBIN’S MOTHER: Patty Parris

KESSIE THE BLUEBIRD: Laura Mooney, Tracy Rowe, Stehpanie D’Abruzzo, Amanda Maddock

LUMPY THE HEFFALUMP: Kyle Stanger, Oliver Dillon

MOTHER HEFFALUMP: Brenda Blethyn

DARBY: Chloe Moretz(USA version), Kimberlea Berg(UK version)

BUSTER(DARBY’S DOG): Dee Bradley Baker

PORCUPINE: Tara Strong

TURTLE: Mark Hamill

BEAVER: Jim Cummings

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, Hal Smith has done more voices than I realized! And I still only remember him as "Otis Campbell" from The Andy Griffith Show.

And I had no Howard Morris did Gopher, too, he's great!

Xerus

Reaction score
Wow, Hal Smith has done more voices than I realized! And I still only remember him as "Otis Campbell" from The Andy Griffith Show.

And I had no Howard Morris did Gopher, too, he's great!
Yep, two actors from Andy Griffith worked together on Winnie the Pooh. Howard was great as Gopher in the classic Pooh films.

Hal started voicing Pooh in A Day for Eeyore, and the Welcome to Pooh Corner giant puppet series. Then Jim Cummings took over the role of Pooh in the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh while Hal continued to voice Owl until his death.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I love those guys... but then again, I love The Andy Griffith Show, period (well, except for when Don Knotts left, and the series went to color). Heck, it's a STAPLE down here in the south, I don't think I've ever NOT seen it on TV for as long as I lived.

SillyRed

Reaction score
Wow! alot of boys voiced Christopher Robin and Roo!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yep, two actors from Andy Griffith worked together on Winnie the Pooh. Howard was great as Gopher in the classic Pooh films.

Hal started voicing Pooh in A Day for Eeyore, and the Welcome to Pooh Corner giant puppet series. Then Jim Cummings took over the role of Pooh in the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh while Hal continued to voice Owl until his death.
Hal was also the voice of Gyro Gearloose, correct?

I think Jim Cummings has taken over a few of Paul Winchell's voices, actually. I heard he took over the voice of Dick Dasdardly. But that was only for a video game. I've never played it, so I've never heard his take on Dasdardly.

Xerus

Reaction score
Wow! alot of boys voiced Christopher Robin and Roo!
I have noticed that too. Also while some movies had Christopher Robin speak with a British accent, other TV shows and specials had Christopher speak with an American accent.

Xerus

Reaction score
Hal was also the voice of Gyro Gearloose, correct?

I think Jim Cummings has taken over a few of Paul Winchell's voices, actually. I heard he took over the voice of Dick Dasdardly. But that was only for a video game. I've never played it, so I've never heard his take on Dasdardly.
Yep, Hal voiced both Flintheart Glomgold and Gyro Gearloose on Ducktales.

Yes, Jim Cummings had taken over a lot of Paul Winchell's characters like Tigger and Zummi Gummi. And Jim voiced Dick Dastardly in the Wacky Races video game for Sega.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you so much! That' awesome! I didn't know that Make Hamill and Stehpanie D’Abruzzo have done this! They sure do get people from a lot of different places don't they?

Xerus

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you so much! That' awesome! I didn't know that Make Hamill and Stehpanie D’Abruzzo have done this! They sure do get people from a lot of different places don't they?
I'll say. And you're welcome. :smile:

Yes, in the brand new series, "My Friends, Tigger and Pooh." They added some new characters to the cast including a turtle voiced by the great Mark Hamill. And since the Book of Pooh was a puppet series, it would be natural that a puppeteer like Stephanie D'Abruzzo would end up voicing Kessie.