Shrek Goes Fourth Announced for 2010

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What gets me is that originally, I heard that Shrek was going to be a five movie thing, but now I'm hearing they decided to extend the franchise to eight movies!

BEAR

Reaction score
Wow, Shrek is pretty popular! It's even going to be adapted into a Broadway musical this year with Sutton Foster.

Pork

Reaction score
Ok, I'm official sick of the shrek movies now. I really disliked the third one.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...and people wonder why Spielberg wants out of Dreamworks. Katzenberg has turned into another Eisner. Funny, huh? I can see one more Shrek, but come on, that must be it. I used to be a fan until the last one. zzzzzzzz

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yeah I have to say, I just saw the third last weekend and I was SO disappointed! All the things that made the first two movies good were missing! The first two have a good mix of kid type jokes and jokes only adults will catch so it makes it good for the whole family. This one just felt dry, there were no one liners and it really seemed like they were already getting tired so I can't imagine how they will stretch this out to eight movies. Personally, I am done.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can understand 5, sure... but 8? You kidding me? The third one was bland and repetitive enough. Even the Christmas special was better than that. How many times can they milk the "Shrek acts cold and distant because he's hurting inside" angle? And if the third one is any indication, most of it will be Donkey and Pusspuss fighting through the whole thing. I know you're becoming a franchise film series, but 8 is just waaaaaaaaay too many.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought the third movie was HILARIOUS, but I felt the Christmas special was on the predictable side