Custom Master Replicas Outfits - Ideas Wanted

Luke

Reaction score
So i was speaking to someone who is great at making costumes and accessories in the collectable doll world, and showed them the Master Replicas Muppets, and she was impressed. When i said i didn't think they would be selling outfits for them she expressed an interest in doing something independantly and told me to ask if there is any interest in her offering up some custom costumes to collectors. She was thinking specifically of Piggy & Gonzo, but also any of the others if there was enough call for it. There would be some profit involved for all the time and materials but i doubt it'd be anything too outrageous as she does it more for fun.

My own thought was maybe if people suggest the most desired clothes they'd like for these, and if its do-able she could make one and show photos of it on the poser, and then if enough people want one she could then replicate that and do a small run of them. She can also do hats, gloves etc.

Anyway if people have any initial interest then just post in here, and if people have any costume ideas then suggest them and point her towards a hi-res example if possible. Obviously nothings definite, nobodys committed.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I would like to see a trenchcoat and fedora hat for Kermit. Here's a good picture of him in a trenchcoat:

Kermit in Coat

You can't really see the hat in this one, but I'm sure there are other pictures available where you can see it.

:stick_out_tongue:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I would be interested in alternative clothes for gonzo as well, such as his chili pepper suit and vest clothes.Can your friend make a dirth vader helmet to fit Gonzo, along with the rest of the outfit.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I would love to see Gonzo in a nice shirt vest and tie. Maybe his stunt outfit for the great Gonzo. Kermit would be nice for his trenchcoat and hat.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I'm dying to find a checkered suit for the blue weirdo, but multiple searches have found nada.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Yea, alternatives for Gonzo & Piggy would be Great! Like replicas of their classic costumes/formal wear. I agree with Was Once Ernie....Kermit having his reporter costume would be Awesome.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi,

Great idea.

I would like to see a black suit and top hat for Kermit. And also a white suit, like he wears on the cover of one of the old playhouse videos.

Chris

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys, i shall put all this to her and report back if i hear of anything.

Seems like "Reporter Kermit" and "Chilli Pepper Gonzo" are favorites along with formal wear. I think Dirth Vader might be a bit out of the question since you'd need to mold the helmet.

Any favorite dresses for Piggy? I know she was most interested in doing stuff for her.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Can you imagine, a his and hers matching outfit for Piggy - how cool would that be!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Do you think it would be kinda gimmicky but fun to all post seasonal pics for each month, all of us here that has collected the replicas like to take pics and its a funny way of still admiring the Muppets...imagine Halloween....just a silly thought!