Animated Fraggle Rock voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Since I already did the Muppet Babies V/A focus, I decided to also include the voice artists for the animated Fraggle Rock series that aired in the late 80's. Just like Muppet Babies, the Muppeteers didn't voice the animated Fraggle Rock characters. They were voiced by these talented people. Artists like Bob Bergen, Barbara Goodson, and Mona Marshall were famous for doing dub voices in anime. Bob was also famous for being the current voice of Porky Pig. And John Stephenson was and still is the voice of Mr. Slate from the classic and current Flintstones cartoons.

TOWNSEND COLEMAN: Gobo, Architect, Wrench
BOB BERGEN: Wembley, World’s Oldest Fraggle
BARBARA GOODSON: Red, Wingnut
MONA MARSHALL: Mokey, Cotterpin
ROB PAULSEN: Boober, Sprocket, Marjory the Trash Heap
PATRICK PINNEY: Traveling Matt, Pa Gorg, Flange, Cantus
PATTY PARRIS: Ma Gorg
MICHAEL LASKIN: Junior Gorg
JOHN STEPHENSON: Doc, Philo, Gunge
STU ROSEN: Storyteller

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said before, I bet Boober and Gobo really had great chemestry (the ones I've seen recently don't have them as a pair that much, and usually feature Wembly and BOober as a pair). The reason being is that the voice actors worked together earlier on TMNT as the voices of Mikey and Raph. Later, during the second season of The Tick (when Mickey Dolenz left) Rob would go on to voice Arthur to Townsend's The Tick. They also worked together in various later episodes of Pinky and the Brain. You unfortunately don't hear that much about Townsend anymore. I think he's still doing announcer voice work.

I once met Rob Palsen at an autograph signing. I was a preteen at the time, I think, and I was too shy to ask any questions. I remember he did Yakko's voice for my little sister. But he's definately one of my favorite voice actors. And personally, I think that his version of the Mask gave Jim Carrey's a run for his money.

Anyway, I like the voice work on Fraggle rock, and I think Red and Mokey are the closest to the characters (I feel that if Pam plays Mokey in the Fraggle movie if they can't get in contact with Kathy, she will sound very similar to that). Rob took Boober and Trash Heap and kept true to the characters, while making them his own. But I will say, the Junior Gorg didn't sit well with me. He sounds more like a younger Elmer Fudd, kind of deleting the charm of the character's Loud obnoxious doofus that still talks like a baby charm.

Xerus

Reaction score
Like I said before, I bet Boober and Gobo really had great chemestry (the ones I've seen recently don't have them as a pair that much, and usually feature Wembly and BOober as a pair). The reason being is that the voice actors worked together earlier on TMNT as the voices of Mikey and Raph. Later, during the second season of The Tick (when Mickey Dolenz left) Rob would go on to voice Arthur to Townsend's The Tick. They also worked together in various later episodes of Pinky and the Brain. You unfortunately don't hear that much about Townsend anymore. I think he's still doing announcer voice work.

I once met Rob Palsen at an autograph signing. I was a preteen at the time, I think, and I was too shy to ask any questions. I remember he did Yakko's voice for my little sister. But he's definately one of my favorite voice actors. And personally, I think that his version of the Mask gave Jim Carrey's a run for his money.

Anyway, I like the voice work on Fraggle rock, and I think Red and Mokey are the closest to the characters (I feel that if Pam plays Mokey in the Fraggle movie if they can't get in contact with Kathy, she will sound very similar to that). Rob took Boober and Trash Heap and kept true to the characters, while making them his own. But I will say, the Junior Gorg didn't sit well with me. He sounds more like a younger Elmer Fudd, kind of deleting the charm of the character's Loud obnoxious doofus that still talks like a baby charm.
Yes, Rob Paulsen one of my favorite voice artists too. I like his Yakko and Pinky voice as well as his Fowlmouth, Arnold, and Concord Condor voices on Tiny Toons. And his Steelbeak voice on Darkwing Duck.

Yes, it's rare you see Townsend's name in cartoons these days. But he recently did a guest voice in an episode of The Batman as well as an Autobot on the brand new Transformers Animated. But I can't remember the robot's name though.