Russi Taylor

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today's V/A focus is that talented voice actress, Russi Taylor. Russi had voiced baby Gonzo and Robin in Muppet Babies. And she's most famous for being the current voice of Minnie Mouse. In fact, her husband is Wayne Allwine who happens to be the current voice of Mickey Mouse.

BABE: Duchess the Cat
BABE, PIG IN THE CITY: Pink Poodle, Choir Cat
BLONDIE AND DAGWOOD(TV SPECIALS): Cora Dithers, Mrs. Hannon
THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER GOES TO MARS: Robbie
A BUG'S LIFE: Additional voices
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR OF STAR COMMAND: Becky
CARTOON ALL-STARS TO THE RESCUE: Gonzo, Huey, Dewey, Louie
CASTLE OF ILLUSION(VG): Minnie Mouse
CINDERELLA 2: Fairy Godmother, Drizella, Mary Mouse, Beatrice, Daphne
CINDERELLA 3: Fairy Godmother, Drizella
CLIFFORD'S PUPPY DAYS: Mrs. Zablione
THE CRITIC: Penny
DISNEY GOLF(VG): Minnie
DISNEY PRINCESS ENCHANTED TALES, FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS: Fauna
DISNEY SING-A-LONG SONGS, DISNEYLAND FUN: Minnie Mouse
DOT AND KEETO: Ant Guards(uncredited)
DUCKTALES: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webby
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: Amber the Fire Dragon
THE FLINTSTONE FUNNIES: Pebbles, Cavemouse
A FLINTSTONE'S CHRISTMAS CAROL: Pebbles
THE FOX AND THE HOUND 2: Additional voices
HEATHCLIFF AND MARMADUKE: Barbie Winslow, Dottie Winslow, Billy Winslow, Missy
HOUSE OF MOUSE: Minnie Mouse, Clara Cluck, Fauna, Fairy Godmother, Duchess
ICEWIND DALE(VG): additional voices
JAKERS! THE ADVENTURES OF PIGGLEY WINKS: Ferny Toro, Annie Wilkins, Ma Winks
JETSONS, THE MOVIE: Fergy Furbelow
KINGDOM HEARTS 1 and 2: Queen Minnie, Fauna
KING'S QUEST VI, HEIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW(VG): Beauty, Lady Celeste, Ghost Child, Oyster, Additional Voices
KISSYFUR: Beehonie, Miss Emmy Lou, Cackle sister, Bessie, Toot
THE MAGIC FLUTE: Hasy
MAGIC, MUSIC, AND MAYHEM: Fauna
MARIO SUPERSTAR BASKETBALL(VG): Dixie Kong(uncredited)
MICKEY, DONALD, AND GOOFY, THE 3 MUSKETEERS: Minnie Mouse
MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE: Minnie Mouse
MICKEY MOUSE WORKS: Minnie Mouse
MICKEY'S ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS: Minnie Mouse, Huey, Dewey, Louie
MICKEY'S RUNAWAY BRAIN: Minnie Mouse
MICKEY'S 60TH BIRTHDAY: Minnie Mouse
MICKEY'S SPEEDWAY USA(VG): Minnie Mouse, Huey, Dewey, Louie
MICKEY'S TWICE UPON A CHRISTMAS: Minnie Mouse, Huey, Dewey, Louie
MR. BOGUS: Additional voices
MUPPET BABIES: Gonzo, Robin
MY LITTLE PONY AND FRIENDS: Morning Glory, Rosedust, Cupcake
MY LITTLE PONY, THE MOVIE: Morning Glory, Rosedust, Bushwoolie, Skunk
PAC MAN: Pac-Baby
PETER AND THE MAGIC EGG: Lollychops
POM POKO: additional voices
THE PRIVATE EYES: Doll voice
THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER: Mouse Nurse
SCOOBY DOO AND THE GHOUL SCHOOL: Phantasma the Phantom
THE SIMPSONS: Martin, Uter, Sherri, Terri, Lewis, Wendell
THE SMURFS: Smoogle
SPORT GOOFY IN SOCCERMANIA: Huey, Dewey, Louie
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE(ORIGINAL SERIES): Strawberry Shortcake
THE TALE OF TILLIE'S DRAGON: Pie Lady
TALESPIN: Mrs. Rockafeather
TEEN TITANS(WB): Melvin, Timmy Tantrum
TOTALLY MINNIE: Minnie Mouse
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?: Minnie Mouse, Birds
WIDGET THE WORLD WATCHER: Widget

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes indeedydidydoo. One of my favorite voice actresses out there. And come on, how would she not get a mention on a Muppet web board, being Baby Gonzo for 8 years or so. I loved how she really kept the style and tone of Gonzo's voice. Even better than most of the others on that show, keeping to their characters.

And let's not forget Heuy, Dewey and Louie. And Webby. I think she was the best one, and I like how they didn't revisit the old school H, D, and L, giving them Donald's exact voice. But she still made them sound very Ducklike.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I remember her best as the voice of Strawberry Shortcake, as I grew up with the original cartoon. She is a very talented voice actress, I had no idea she voiced so many different characters!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I've always thought it's adorable that she's married to Wayne Allwine, who does the voice of Mickey Mouse. It's like... Mickey and Minnie are married in real life.

Russi Taylor has always been a favorite voice actress of mine, even before I knew what a voice actor was! I grew up watching Muppet Babies and Duck Tales and always loved her take on Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby. But of course, my favorite role of hers has always been Gonzo. He sounds cute and childlike, but he's still the familiar, [FONT=&quot][/FONT]classic Muppet that we all know and love. Every time I hear Gonzo in any given eppisode of Muppet Babies, I always smile or laugh.

Xerus

Reaction score
Yes indeedydidydoo. One of my favorite voice actresses out there. And come on, how would she not get a mention on a Muppet web board, being Baby Gonzo for 8 years or so. I loved how she really kept the style and tone of Gonzo's voice. Even better than most of the others on that show, keeping to their characters.

And let's not forget Heuy, Dewey and Louie. And Webby. I think she was the best one, and I like how they didn't revisit the old school H, D, and L, giving them Donald's exact voice. But she still made them sound very Ducklike.
Yes, Russi voiced Donald's nephews whenever she could. However, in Mickey Mouse Works and House of Mouse, the nephews were voiced by Tony Anselmo and were given back their Donald sounding voices so it would stay true to the classic Disney cartoons.

Xerus

Reaction score
I've always thought it's adorable that she's married to Wayne Allwine, who does the voice of Mickey Mouse. It's like... Mickey and Minnie are married in real life.

Russi Taylor has always been a favorite voice actress of mine, even before I knew what a voice actor was! I grew up watching Muppet Babies and Duck Tales and always loved her take on Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby. But of course, my favorite role of hers has always been Gonzo. He sounds cute and childlike, but he's still the familiar, [FONT=&quot][/FONT]classic Muppet that we all know and love. Every time I hear Gonzo in any given eppisode of Muppet Babies, I always smile or laugh.
I remember in the 80's, I saw a TV special where it showed Russi Taylor, Frank Welker, Laurie O'Brien, and Howie Mandell all in a recording studio doing work on the Muppet Babies. I was surprised when I saw that Baby Gonzo was voiced by a woman and that Skeeter was voiced by a guy.