Dear Dad, You Know How you Always Said you Wish I had a Sister?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rather touching...

We had dinner at the Chinese restaurant tonight where we usually eat, and they had a new waitress tonight who was very attentative, and very, very friendly.

Well, I don't know what it was, but she seemed to really take a fancy to me; so much in fact, she was telling me that she has only one brother, and he was back in the home country (China, obviously), so she told me I could call her "sister", so I said to her "Well, if I can call you 'sister', then you can call me 'brother'!".

She gasped, ran off, and came back with a little sport watch, and presented it to me as a token of her esteem; so naturally before we left she gave me a hug, as I did her, she said to me "goodbye, brother", so I said "goodbye, sister".

Remember that little line of Daniel's (whom I'm now giving the nickname of Dr. Evil to for obvious reasons) of LOVE EVERYBODY? Well, this a prime example of that, I think, it makes me wonder why can't ALL people of different nations get along with other people of other nations like this?

Teheheman

Reaction score
lol, There ya go. I wonder if you're sister's availible? Or has Snowth already made a little Love Connection? Do I hear wedding bells? LOVE EVERYBODY! I'm starting with the women lol.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
lol, There ya go. I wonder if you're sister's availible? Or has Snowth already made a little Love Connection? Do I hear wedding bells? LOVE EVERYBODY! I'm starting with the women lol.

Daniel
Lol!

My old sister is already married... with children, not sure about my new sister though, maybe I can get you two together, so long as you save all that fancy stuff for marriage.:wink:

Teheheman

Reaction score
No promises. But why am I Dr. Evil btw?

Daniel

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Awww, that's such a sweet story!
:smile: I wonder if you'll ever see her again...

SSLFan

Reaction score
Cute story Snowthy!:smile:

And your right, can't we all just get along?:sympathy: :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No promises. But why am I Dr. Evil btw?

Daniel
Because of your love of the word "f r i c k e n".:wink:

You know... "C'mon people, throw me a f r i c k e n bone! Are those f r i c k e n dolphins with f r i c k e n lasers attached to their f r i c k e n heads?"

Awww, that's such a sweet story!
:smile: I wonder if you'll ever see her again...
Oh I'm sure, we go to that restaurant quite often, and I'm going to make sure I wear my new watch just in case, even though I already have one (I assume she didn't see it because of my sweater sleeve).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Aww! That is the nicest story I have ever heard. You should go back and visit her and bring her a nice card or something to show how grateful you are to your new sister. :big_grin:

(**giggles at the Dr Evil thing**)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not a bad idea, Peppi, after all, she DID give ME a watch.

Lol, and the instructions were in Chinese first, and in English second; a change from seeing so many instructions in English first, then Spanish second, French third, Chinese fourth, Japanese fifth, and Korean sixth.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
She would probably love that if you did bring her a little something!

Hee, yeah. I love to go to chinatown and sometimes I buy little toys; sometimes there are no english instructions so you have to guess!

(I have some of those solar powered toys that you put on your windowsill and they rock back and forth; so cute! Example here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7987 )

((Edit: OMG! I have this one in green! http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9052 Haha, sorry, I don't mean to muffin too much))