My Computer Screen?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does anyone know what could be causing this:

My laptop screen suddenly seems to have little, tiny white dots, the size of a single pixel, appearing in various spots in (I say in, because I feel it's an "inside job") my screen? Simply a bad screen, perhaps?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It sounds like some pixels are out. How long have you had it and is it still under warranty? If it has been less than a year you should still have a warranty. If you contact technical support they should have you send your computer in, replace the screen, and then send it back to you. Good luck. :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ooh, well, I must be S.O.L. then... this thing is actually a second-hand laptop... and I got it a little over a year ago... and it was already a year old when I got it then...

So I bet the warranty on this thing has well expired a while ago.:smirk:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
My sympathies Snowth. :sympathy:

I hope you can get it fixed as soon as you can and that it doesn't play up worse on you in the meantime.

Luke

Reaction score
Snowth, download and run this -

http://udpix.free.fr

(its free)

If that doesn't work, try turning off your computer, and apply pressure using a damp cloth to where the dead pixel was. Then turn on and once its booted up take the cloth off. It should come back hopefully.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Snowth, download and run this -

http://udpix.free.fr

(its free)

If that doesn't work, try turning off your computer, and apply pressure using a damp cloth to where the dead pixel was. Then turn on and once its booted up take the cloth off. It should come back hopefully.
This thing ain't going to infect my computer with viruses and/or trojan horses when I download it, is it?

Luke

Reaction score
I just download and ran it and it was 100% fine, but obviously you should really have some kind of anti-virus anyway. I'm not sure how to use it, i think you just start it flashing and leave it for a few hours.

Maybe try the damp cloth trick first, it gets the liquid running into the pixels from the others around it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe try the damp cloth trick first, it gets the liquid running into the pixels from the others around it.
I think I'll try that... my screen in general could use a wipe anyway, it's kind of dusty and finger printy.

Luke

Reaction score
K, there are lots of software and methods out there for sorting out dead pixels on a laptop screen. You can try googling dead pixel correction and things like that to see whats about. Anyway, there might be hope.