Your Thoughts: Elmo’s Christmas Countdown

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, the first part just ended. I'm not really loosening up to the street set they built for this special and the lack fo the street regulars outside of Elmo and Oscar seems a bit weird but it seems OK so far otherwise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So far, I feel like I'm watching a Sid and Marty Krofft show, only without the whole "acid-trippy" factor.

Somebody tell me why they're not using the actual Sesame Street set, and using this what looks like a set that was put together by an eight-year-old...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think the CGI is a big mistake, heh.

Ben Stiller is awesome!

I really liked Oscar's little Christmas "curses" hehe. And also this line:

"But it's only once a year!"
"I'm glad it's only once a year!"

I really can't listen to Elmo's laugh more than once. Though I am surprised that he's not doing much, just quickly reacting to what everyone else is saying.

Is that Billy Bunny? Lol

Love the little Squirrel! Seriously, they need more moments like that!

"Don't besmirch me, Rudolph!" Lol

It's a nice kid's special ::shrugs::

Stay tuned...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm... creepy... that Christmas Carol has always scared me... it's a weird story, but the first time I heard it, a VERY "sinister" version of it was played during the climax of a Christmas special we were watching in school one day, and I just remember the climax was all made up like something bad and scary was about to happen, and that carol playing in the background didn't really help!

I see they recycled Lightning the Reindeer for a Charles Gibson-like reindeer newscaster. Poor Stiller the Elf, being persecuted for breaking the counter-downer.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Just tuning in... I love Stiller the elf!

I just saw the skit with Anne Hathaway and Big Bird. She's such a cute actress and it was fun to see her sing with Big Bird and Snuffy!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, I like how they are using the count down calender to give the other characters their own moments. Grover is the cutest SS Muppet of all time!

On the other hand...I don't know. It's like they're being "generous" giving Big Bird and the others their own moments, because they wouldn't have one otherwise. I just don't like that attitude lately.

Anne Hathaway is always good. :smile:

...I wonder who is puppeteering the Stiller puppet...hmm

Well, I am glad the Soprano actors aren't doing the mob thing. They are very charming; I like them in those shirts, lol.

I just thought of something. Don Music could have done the Stiller character, lol. Would have been a very different special though! LOL

Dentist, hehe, nice reference!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, wait just a minute... Stiller the Elf can say "buttox", but I'm not allowed to on live TV for a children's programming pledge drive? What's wrong with that picture?

Nice little Snuffleupagus for Christmas bit there, it was quite cute, plus it's awesome to see Big Bird in the action, then him show up with the next box for the Christmas Counter-Downer!

Wow... an extended version of "The Bert and Ernie Christmas Special Starring Tony Sirico as Bert and Steve Schirippa as Ernie". I still hate Prairie's new hairdo, though... it doesn't quite suit her, in my opinion. Boy, she's getting shrilly there, isn't she?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm loosening up to the special now, it has nothing on Christmas Eve on Sesame Street or even Elmo Saves Christmas. But I'm still hoping it becomes an annual tradition, even if it'll be slightly dated by next year. The :stick_out_tongue: + :frown: scene is clearly the highlight of the special, good to see a reference to the classic sketch.