Remember When...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Each member post three items at a time, all relating to something you feel isn't the same as it used to be. I'll demonstrate, here are the first three...

Remember when...

• Steve Carrell was just a supporting actor and wasn't in every new movie?
  • "Half-hour" shows were 26 to 28 minutes instead of 21 to 22?
  • Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon USED to be tolerable?

SillyRed

Reaction score
Remember when...

People used to be nice to you when you were nice to them?

Eureeka's Castle was the only original Nick Jr Show during the early 90s?

Nick Jr. was celebrity free most of the time?

You knew who the Muppets and Chipmunks were?

Most of the cartoons on Nick Jr were japanese animated shows (Non-Violent)?

They aired Muppet specials on Nickelodeon?

Rugrats was a popular show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember when...

People used to be nice to you when you were nice to them?

Eureeka's Castle was the only original Nick Jr Show during the early 90s?

Nick Jr. was celebrity free most of the time?

You knew who the Muppets and Chipmunks were?

Most of the cartoons on Nick Jr were japanese animated shows (Non-Violent)?

They aired Muppet specials on Nickelodeon?

Rugrats was a popular show?
That's a little more than three, but alright...

Xerus

Reaction score
Do you remember when....

ABC, CBS, and NBC had Saturday Morning Cartoons worth getting up for?

Game shows dominated daytime TV instead of talk shows?

Fast food commercials showed kids eating burgers, fries, and shakes instead of chicken, fruit, and milk?

MGov

Reaction score
"Half-hour" shows were 26 to 28 minutes instead of 21 to 22?
Snowth, you're too young to remember anything other than 22 minute sitcoms. :wink:

I don't think any sitcoms ever ran much more than 24 minutes not including opening and closing credits.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Snowth, you're too young to remember anything other than 22 minute sitcoms. :wink:
Yeah, I'm too young, but I happen to have such shows as The Andy Griffith Show, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Green Acres, and M*A*S*H all uncut on DVD without commercials.:wink:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
When humor was subtle and actually funny, instead of being done in a "Cheech and Chong" MTV-style way?

When Disney was actually making money off its own product that actually was entertaining (ex: Disney Afternoon), instead of reducing itself to "remakes" and rehashes of classics, including its own work?

When HBO aired Fraggle Rock early in the morning, but airs Paid Programming stuff now?

When little girls dealt with My Little Pony and Rainbow Brite, and the boys dealt with Thundercats and He-Man?

When Underdog was in reruns but still was a hit, instead of being Disney's corporate beeyotch?

When Cartoon Network was the proverbial Boomerang of its day?

When fairytales ruled the roost with various incarnations (Faire Tale Theature & Grimm's Fairy Tales)?

When PBS was about learning in an enjoyable way (vintage Sesame Street & Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego) instead of talking down to the demographic?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When humor was subtle and actually funny, instead of being done in a "Cheech and Chong" MTV-style way?

When Disney was actually making money off its own product that actually was entertaining (ex: Disney Afternoon), instead of reducing itself to "remakes" and rehashes of classics, including its own work?

When HBO aired Fraggle Rock early in the morning, but airs Paid Programming stuff now?

When little girls dealt with My Little Pony and Rainbow Brite, and the boys dealt with Thundercats and He-Man?

When Underdog was in reruns but still was a hit, instead of being Disney's corporate beeyotch?

When Cartoon Network was the proverbial Boomerang of its day?

When fairytales ruled the roost with various incarnations (Faire Tale Theature & Grimm's Fairy Tales)?

When PBS was about learning in an enjoyable way (vintage Sesame Street & Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego) instead of talking down to the demographic?
Again, that's more than three, but okay.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Do you remember when.....

It was normal for little girls to wear flowery dresses and poofy bows in their hair?

Houses had actual YARDS, and they weren't so close that you could look from your bathroom into your neighbor's bathroom?

Girls were weird and boys had cooties?