Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Since the holidays are coming up, today's V/A focus is that traditional Christmas classic, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, from that great cartoon studio that makes neat TV cartoons and wonderful animated holiday specials, Rankin/Bass. Sam the Snowman, who was the narrator, was performed by that talented musician, Burl Ives. Billie Mae Richards continued to voice Rudolph in future Rankin/Bass specials and Carl Banas once performed the voice of Sweetums in Jim Henson's, The Frog Prince.

BURL IVES: Sam the Snowman
BILLIE MAE RICHARDS: Rudolph
PAUL SOLES: Hermey the Elf
LARRY D. MANN: Yukon Cornelius
STAN FRANCIS: Santa Claus, King Moonracer
PAUL KLIGMAN: Donner, Coach Comet, Clarice’s Father
PEG DIXON: Mrs. Donner, additional voices
JANET ORENSTEIN: Clarice
CARL BANAS: Head Elf, additional voices
ALFIE SCOOP: Charlie in the Box, additional voices
CORRINE CONLEY: Doll, additional voices

Drtooth

Reaction score
BURL IVES: Sam the Snowman
BILLIE MAE RICHARDS: Rudolph
PAUL SOLES: Hermey the Elf
LARRY D. MANN: Yukon Cornelius
STAN FRANCIS: Santa Claus, King Moonracer
PAUL KLIGMAN: Donner, Coach Comet, Clarice’s Father
PEG DIXON: Mrs. Donner, additional voices
JANET ORENSTEIN: Clarice
CARL BANAS: Head Elf, additional voices
ALFIE SCOOP: Charlie in the Box, additional voices
CORRINE CONLEY: Doll, additional voices
Rakkin Bass would Indeed use a lot of these voice actors later in various other projects, Carl Banas and Alf Scoop especially.

I would say Rudolph's VA is the same actor that would later voice the little boy in the King Kong cartoon series. But I can't back this up with anything but hunch.

Xerus

Reaction score
Rakkin Bass would Indeed use a lot of these voice actors later in various other projects, Carl Banas and Alf Scoop especially.

I would say Rudolph's VA is the same actor that would later voice the little boy in the King Kong cartoon series. But I can't back this up with anything but hunch.
Yes, Rankin/Bass did a King Kong series and some sites say that Billie had voiced Billy Bond, that little boy. But I haven't seen the series though.

Also, there was this classic R/B series called Tales of the Wizard of Oz and Alfie Scoop voiced the Scarecrow, Larry D. Mann voiced the Tin Man, and Carl Banas voiced the Lion.

SillyRed

Reaction score
Also, I believe Billie voiced Tenderheart Bear in the first two Care Bear movies.[/QUOTE]

No wonder I like Rudolph and Tenderheart Bear!

travellingpat

Reaction score
You mean ives's family gets residuals right? thats weird that she doesnt....i wonder if anyof the other cast does....