The "One More Sleep 'Til Christmas" Thread(a.k.a The Happy Holidays Thread!)

SSLFan

Reaction score
Although I may be a bit too early on this, I just had to ask if anyone on here was excited about the holidays? Well, after seeing my neighborhood being covered in a nice fluffy blanket of snow, I just had the urge to come on and wish you all an early holiday greeting. So.....

:smile: *Happy Holidays Everyone!*:smile:

Skye

Reaction score
What a cute thread! It's so funny, I just finished watching The Muppet Christmas Carol. :smile:

I'm definitely in the Christmas spirit! I love the holidays. And I'm so happy it's December! This time of year is so sweet and beautiful... I love it! :smile:

I wish everyone very, very happy holidays, too! :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yay, it's finally December 1st! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :halo:

I'm one of those annoying people who really enjoys the holidays, lol. As Kermit once said, "Life would just pass in a blur if it weren't for times like this."

I was paniced today because I couldn't find our regular Advent calender (I have it since I was a child). Thankfully I found it tucked away in a box in the basement. Speaking of Advent, I'm going to be lighting the first candle at Church tomorrow. I'm not thrilled to death about being around candles, but hopefully I can get over that. Hehe :crazy: (Oh yeah, putting Crazy Harry there really makes me feel better! lol)

Right now I'm listening to MC radio. I remember when I first discovered it two years ago, right around December. I was pleasantly surprised to realize it was all Muppet Christmas music, all the time! Lol, what a great idea! I admit to skipping most of the Elmo songs, but overall it's definitely contributing to my good mood. And I even managed to listen to a few MCC songs (though it's not really my favorite). I understand that those songs are important to other fans. :smile:

Looking back, I didn't realize how important the Muppets were to me around Christmas. It wasn't Christmas unless I was playing my "Sesame Street Christmas Sing Along" record (Yes record, man now I feel old! Lol). The Christmas Toy will always be one of my favorite holiday specials of all time. And I still remember watching Muppet Family Christmas for the first time on TV. It was so cool seeing all the Muppets together under one roof, even including appearances by Doc and Jim Henson!

I also recall seeing Christmas Eve on Sesame Street on TV the first time. I guessed that Santa probably slides down the chimeney and was pleasantly surprised to see one of the SS kids agreed with me!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Happy Christmas!
Well, soon-to-be!

Call me a hum-bug when I say,
I am neutral for this time of year.

The wrapping of gifts!
The crowding of the mall!
(Though, money comes rolling in like a waterfall!)

Extra work for me in this time of year.
Renew my daily schedule for the coming year...
write down my goals...
extra cleaning...
some usual holiday panic...

BUT SCHOOL WILL BE OUT SOOOOONNNNN!

I love Christmas...
even though it is the roughest time for me.
:big_grin:

*Joyfully gives everyone fruitcakes*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Although I may be a bit too early on this

*Looks at calendar* Let's see... December 1st... nope, you're right on time! It's these greedy corporate conglomerates who are always early by stocking the shelves with Christmas stuff IN NOVEMBER!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yeah definitely, it can be such a stressful time too. Worrying about crowds, visiting relatives, what to buy people, over commercialization in the stores, etc. If you concentrate too much on the presents and malls and relatives, you'll definitely get depressed. I find occasionally contributing to charities in some way can help squeeze out all the bad stuff. Sadly, it's so easy to forget the unfortunate people in our world today who need extra help during the holidays, and all the time.

So I try to be inspired by what the holiday is intended to commemorate, a deity who chose to become human and be born in a stable instead of a palace. That really says a lot. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*hums* The holidays are comin', the holidays are comin', the holidays are comin', the holidays are commin'...

Katzi428

Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone!:smile:
I get excited during the holidays too!:excited:
(SSL Fan..you're not too early for wishing us Happy Holidays,so don't worry,hokay?)

Beauregard

Reaction score
*hums* *faster* The holidays are comin', the holidays arecomin', the holidaysarecomin', theholidaysarecommin'...

Beakerfan

Reaction score
*Looks at calendar* Let's see... December 1st... nope, you're right on time! It's these greedy corporate conglomerates who are always early by stocking the shelves with Christmas stuff IN NOVEMBER!
NOVEMBER? Psh, man I was stocking Christmas in OCTOBER!