Alvin and the Chipmunks

petrieboy

Reaction score
"Alvin and the Chipmunks," the movie, was directed by Tim Hill, the director of "Muppets from Space."

(Personally, I love Alvin and the Chipmunks, and do not take that as a good sign.)

MelissaY1

Reaction score
"Alvin and the Chipmunks," the movie, was directed by Tim Hill, the director of "Muppets from Space."

(Personally, I love Alvin and the Chipmunks, and do not take that as a good sign.)
I was going to say, that doesn't make me want to see it any more. Of course my mom saw the commercial for it for the first time the other night and thought they looked adorable. It just makes me angry the whole thing...

petrieboy

Reaction score
I was afraid I wasn't the first to mention this, but I'm not a wizard and didn't want to navigate every thread on the forum. :smile:

Fine... "The Smurfs Movie" will be released in 2009. I wish they'd scrap John Lithgow and Julia Sweeney... scrap Nickelodeon Studios... add Alan Menken and make it a real musical... and... ?

petrieboy

Reaction score
You mentioned on the other thread that Pee Wee Herman has a new film coming out. I am far less concerned that it will be brilliant (I'm sure it will be) than I am that anything the Muppets do in the near future will be brilliant. All they've done is shoveled up crap since their last good project, 1993's "Christmas Carol."
I also can hardly listen to Kermit anymore when he goes on talk shows. The guy behind the puppet just tries too hard and comes up with too many "pond" jokes. There is no ease. There is no depth, no soul... I can't think about Jim Henson too much, because it's too depressing.
I really hope that this time period is a parallel to the time period after Walt Disney died, when they made stuff like "The Aristocats" ... I'm hoping that the Muppets will come out with their "Little Mermaid" and their "Beauty and the Beast." I've said in the past that Henson should hire Alan Menken or Danny Elfman to write songs for a full length musical - but at this point, I don't think the Muppets are up to par with the talent of those musicians.
I just put this rant in the wrong thread.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmm... one of the moderators should merge this thread with the other....