Dick Gautier

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today's V/A focus is the very talented Dick Gautier. You might have seen him on the classic Get Smart as Hymie the Robot. I always liked that friendly android who's trying to understand everything about life. Dick is also a great comedian, singer, composer, author, and cartoonist. He even wrote several books about cartooning. I also liked all of Dick's voicework. He would once again play the role of several robots on Transformers. And he played the evil Cobra Emperor, Serpentor, on G.I. Joe. Very different from his Hymie role.

CHALLENGE OF THE GOBOTS: Klaws
COW AND CHICKEN: The Red Guy's Father
DETECTIVE BARBIE, MYSTERY OF THE CARNIVAL CAPER(VG): Bert
FOOFUR: Louis
G.I. JOE(SERIES AND MOVIE): Serpentor
GOBOTS, BATTLE OF THE ROCK LORDS: Brimstone, Klaws, Rock Narlie
I.M. WEASEL: The Red Guy's Father
INHUMANOIDS: Pyre, Crygen, Magnikor, George Landisburg, Senator Masterson(first voice)
MONSTER TAILS: Malcolm
PIRATES OF DARK WATER: Zoolie
SKY COMMANDERS: Mordax
THE TOM & JERRY KIDS SHOW: Spike
THE TRANSFORMERS: Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime(TV series),Firebolt, Apeface

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't it funny how Red Guy's father was a woodsman, and his mother was Cow and Chicken's grandmother, yet he turned out to be the devil?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know Dick did so much voice work. He played Conrad Birdie (basically a thinly-veiled version of Elvis Presley) in the original 1960 Broadway production of Bye Bye Birdie, opposite Dick Van Dyke, Chita Rivera, Michael J. Pollard and Charles Nelson Reilly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Who was Malcolm? Don't remember that character.

Xerus

Reaction score
Isn't it funny how Red Guy's father was a woodsman, and his mother was Cow and Chicken's grandmother, yet he turned out to be the devil?
I've been wondering about Red Guy's parents too. I also wonder if they know that their son is the devil?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been wondering about Red Guy's parents too. I also wonder if they know that their son is the devil?
Must be their devil-may-care attitude (pun intended)!

On the other hand, it makes just as much sense as human parents having a daughter who's a cow and a son who's a chicken.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Still don't remember him though.

As for RedGuy... Wouldn't that make Cow and Chicken his niece and nephew respectively? So why would he be obsessed with getting rid of them? Maybe he's got a Sylvester Sneakly deal going on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As for RedGuy... Wouldn't that make Cow and Chicken his niece and nephew respectively? So why would he be obsessed with getting rid of them?
Because he's the Devil... that's what the Devil would do...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nah... He's got more important stuff to do... Like catch up on his soul quota by challenging country bumpkins to a fiddle-off. Oh, that reminds me. Gotta get these burnt brimstone biscuits off to the cooling station.
X-Man, good job... Look forward to the next one.